Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

Are you sure you want to use the title of ...... The Secret Boat Builder and not .......... The SLOW Boat Builder....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now before I vote .... I need to know more about his party affiliation, his platform, what he plans to do with the boat when it is eventually completed ....when ever that would be .... and if in our lifetime.

Yes, Sir ... I am enjoying this more then a BIG Bowl of Hot Buttery Grits and Cornbread with a large slice of Ham, several Sunny Side Eggs and one huge mug of hot Coffee.

That is a Serious breakfast....... :?
Can you tell I missed lunch today.

This is ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS ..... :D

Chuck.

Guy's ......I know this is the Serious Section but sometimes we just have to have some fun and when the mystery builder shows up with the mystery boat this thread will be a mystery on it's disappearance.... :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

Now you have me worried ...... Burial at sea, good idea but that person might have a problem doing that for me.

See ... I have been around for 60 1/2 years and they have been so much fun I plan on being around for that long in the future so that would make the completion of the boat in the year of 2064 ... almost to 2065 if you count the 1/2 year parts. :?

Thinking , he might have it done by then but 2009 would be a lot better, now if that person needs some help we might be able to assist the person in getting the boat done before then.

I sure would not want to hold off till 2065 to do the Burial at Sea for the boats initial test paddle, that could really be a bad thing because we might sink and I could not help to paddle the boat. :roll:

Thinking about it ..... I can't vote since I know who this person is ... it just would not be fair for me to vote for someone that nice. :? .............becauseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Choking , Cough, gasp, wheeze, snicker, sneeze, laughing hysterically ........ where is the Kleenex , tears on the keyboard , sparks flying , darn the computer is on fire , short circuits , fuses blown , fire extinguisher is empty, YES......Hand full of gritz on the fire .... It is out :p and now the wife & I have something for supper that is hot. :D

Whew ..... that was close ...... :oops:
Off........... to get some butter for the grits before they get cold.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Guy's

On the serious side ..............

I have been talking with the person that is doing all of this and that person has a good idea about building boats from plans, since the person cannot tell you this till later .... I will tell you now.
Later he can can go into deeper detail.

When building boats from plans if you use either poster board or cardboard for the templets of the parts that will make the boat then you can have them to actually construct a boat before you mark the 1st piece of wood. :D

Useing the templets as you would use wood for the actual construction of the boat but with them is quicker and a lot easier since some tape will do the job of the epoxy as far as holding everything together.

This process also lets you trim and make everything fit a lot easier then when actually using the wood.

When everything is just right and you have the cardboard boat the way you want it then use the templets to mark the wood so you can cut and assemble them for the actual boat.

You do take a longer time to make the boat this way since you make a paper one 1st and adjust it to the way you want it. Then you do the wood one for your real life enjoyment.
Paper costs a lot less then wood.

The way everything fits which is the major item in making a boat and putting it together is just fun when you have done your homework and all of the parts fit. :D

Now......... don't even think I am going to back off on my picking on this person because I have been looking for this opportunity for a long time ..........It is pay back time........ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

JEM

It's a good idea. The extra time is a worthy investment. I'll offer 2 thoughts:

1) Most plans have some sort of bend or twist to the wood. Cardboard doesn't behave as nice as wood doing that.

2) When you buy plans from some designers, they only sell the plans with the intent that you've been licensed to build one boat from their design. So if you might build more than one, you might technically be "violating" the designers intent without paying for a second "license". I only mention this just to keep anyone from getting in hot water.

If someone wanted to build more than one boat from my plans for their own personal use...like a second boat for the family, then you just owe me some nice pictures of them in use with smiling faces. Building for resale is a different story which depends on the design. But best to check with your designer. 9 out of 10 will say to go ahead without asking you to pay more. I can think of one that will tell you "NO!" but my ma'ma taught me to hush if I can't say something nice.

Chuck the pressure is building...think you can get the mystery builder to overheat and reveal himself through a payback-tirade before the boat is ready? :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

You asked.......... Chuck the pressure is building...think you can get the mystery builder to overheat and reveal himself through a payback-tirade before the boat is ready?

YEP ..... As soon as I really get to cooking on this ... he will........ POP ...just like a can of beans in a campfire.
( How is that , mystery person , for a new way of saying spilling the beans , Darn I forgot you can't answer :oops: . )

I can see you now just a cussing and talking to the computer screen calling me all sorts of names with perspiration breaking out on your forehead while turning crimson, little wisps of steam coming out of your ears, you know like a pressure cooked does when up to heat spissssssss , spisssssss , spisssssss. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Man I just saw this post!
Chucky yer hidding to much from me!
:shock:

Who is building a boat? And what kind?
To hot down here to build even for Sparkey.
I figgered Jack's son has stopped him from"helping" him.... wise son.... and that would have made Jack prime canidate to build a flat bottomed boat for whitewater :shock: .

Then there's Bro Bar. Does paying to have it built count? :wink:

Then too, EP may have gotten so happy with what OT has done this summer repairing everything that she may have bought him two pieces of plywood to keep him busy! :lol:

My guess would have been OldYaker.... a special boat that has third dary stablelization ... all those tippy overs and all... :lol:

Then it could be Chuck :shock: His remarks sound like "self threatening"... :lol:
swampy