Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber | SouthernPaddler.com

Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Theodoric of York, Medieval Barber

Theodoric of York: Well, I guess, take another pint from Isabelle - and while you're at it, take two pints from the bird.
Brungilda: (feels patient) She's dead!
Joan: Dead! Dead! I can't believe it! My little daughter dead!
Theodoric of York: Now, Mrs. Miller, you're distraught, tired.. you may be suffering from nervous exhaustion. I think you'd feel better if I let some of your blood.
Joan: You charlatan! You killed my daughter, just like you killed most of my other children! Why don't you admit it?! You don't know what you're doing!
Theodoric of York: (steps toward the camera) Wait a minute. Perhaps she's right. Perhaps I've been wrong to blindly follow the medical traditions and superstitions of past centuries. Maybe we barbers should test these assumptions analytically, through experimentation and a "scientific method". Maybe this scientific method could be extended to other fields of learning: the natural sciences, art, architecture, navigation. Perhaps I could lead the way to a new age, an age of rebirth, a Renaissance!
Theodoric of York: .. Naaaaah.
Announcer: Tune in next week for another episode of "Theodoric of York: Medieval Barber", when you'll hear Theodoric say:
Theodoric of York: A little bloodletting and some boar's vomit, and he'll be fine!