Thermarest | SouthernPaddler.com

Thermarest

KayakAngler

Dec 19, 2005
North of Panama City
I read an old post that said not to keep my Thermarest pad rolled up, and i have done that for years now.

I'm gonna unroll it today... is it ruined?

Thanks

Edit... I just read in the manual if it is stored (rolled up) for a long period of time to inflate it with several breaths to restore foam float. It seemed to work.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
KayakAngler said:
I read an old post that said not to keep my Thermarest pad rolled up, and i have done that for years now.

I'm gonna unroll it today... is it ruined?

I would hope not but I would bet it will take some time to get up to operation. The question before the house is ......... How long are those new ones from them tightly rolled up before the customer purchases it?

Personally ... Mine is aired out after a trip then rolled up nice and tight, placed into one of my large waterproof bags (Seal Line Boundary Bag #70) and then the mattress is allowed to inflate (inside the bag, it fills the bag up) and then put into a corner of the room with the rest of the gear.

Chuck.
PS. The trouble with blowing into the bag is that you get moisture, from your breath, in the bag which can cause mildew.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
KayakAngler.....

I was going to say or ask........ Are you saying that you are windy or full of hot air ....... But being the gentleman that I am I would never think of asking something like that. :roll:
If I would ask something like that it might invalidate my Lifetime Warranty the next time you see me. :lol:

Dam ... It is hard being nice and not asking about the things running around in my head about what you said , but such is life.

Chuck

4sons

Apr 5, 2005
Don't know if it matters or not.

We keep our Thermarest inflated with the valve open under our bed. We do the same thing with our sleeping bag....

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
When you are done with the Therm-O-Rest, lay it flat, open the valve, and let it fill by itself. Don't blow into it; it will auto-inflate. Leave the valve open.

I lay mine on top of a canoe hanging upside down in my basement.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Fellas,

I jest read my Eureka tent info....sez dont store yer tent rolled up either. It takes a heap a room ta lay all this stuff out. My circus tent sez dont fold it the same way ever time. I reckon I oughta lay it out too....beside my big fella sleepin' bag?

Miz Bear 'n me use Thermarests, but I just run across this fella. Some folks who had 'em fer quite a spell claim these are the big daddy dip dog funky monkey of campin' pads.....really good fer ole folks who need the shut eye whilst campin'. Check out the Paco pads.
http://www.jpwinc.com/index.php?page=home

regards
bearridge

Europe was not as outraged by Auschwitz as by Guantanamo Bay. Tom Lantos