Tilia Food Saver - vacuum bagger

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Kayak Jack said:
Recipe for vacuum bagged prairie dog folows:

Jack

Have you tried out the vacuum on yourself... Must have since there is a vacuum in the post you made.

I have looked all over for that darn recipe for Prairie Dog Stew and for the life of me I can't find it. :?
Someone cut that bag Jack has his head in so he can get some air and then finish his post......... Jezzzzzzzz start something and then don't finish it.

Inquiring minds want to know how to cook those delicious little critters up and then dry them out and vacuum the grub for the long trip so the Bears, Wolves, Badgers, Ferrets, Fellow frontiersmen, Hawks, Eagles, Swampy and any wayward Yankee don't smell all of that delicious chow.

Man talk about starting something and not going all of the way, might be why it takes him 4 years to make a boat the rest of us normal folks can do in two months, or was that he made 4 boats in two months and used them , sometimes I get confused or in this case a vacuum waiting for an answer..... :roll:

Where is that darn recipe :p

Chuck

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Prairie Dog Stew

Take one prairie dog. Clean & skin. Soak in salt water. Remove & drain. (Save water for gree-tz)

Into a heavy iron kettle put, 1 qt water, prairie dog. Cook that little sucker for a coupla hours or so. Remove meat, discard the remains.

Return meat to pot. Add 7 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp salt, coupla stalks of celery, 2 carrots, 1 7/16 large onion, 3 bay leaves, handfulla rice, one pronghorn antelope. (Even though I call it prairie dog stew, it is 50-50 antelope. They eat a lot of sage and it's good seasoning.)

Simmer n serve with hot cornbread & warmed maple syrup

JARVIS good eatin'!

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
YEP ...... I knew ya was going to try to fool us with the new recipe for the stew since some of us do remember the original one.

You know the one that calls for three parts Prairie dogs and one Jack-a-lope.
Thinking about it the horse-d-overs were good also, sidewinder strips cooked in Buff grease then the Prairie onions (antelope droppings) in the stew added a lot of roughage.

Just as I thought ..... You were out there with those new comers and all of the store bought stuff. Heck I will even bet you forgot to tell your Capt. about that lousy, take apart boat he was toting when he could have got a good one from JEM Boats.

As you might of guessed ... we were sitting on a hill and enjoying that comedy while swampy and bear were cooking supper, actually swampy was cooking on his zip stove and bear was checking the law to see if we should come down and lend a hand to you guy's..

Der Judge decided it was just better to sit back, have a good meal and enjoy the show , we called it Laugh In , sometimes Hee Haw. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.
PS...... Now I don't know for sure but I was told that one day Swampy did this stew and after everyone was fed he let it cool and during the next day one of the tribe broke off a chunk and tried to eat it, several broken teeth later he threw it on the ground and the next thing they knew there it was .....the earth just split wide open ...... What you folks call the Grand Canyon. :roll: Since then everyone ate all of it so none was left , we do have to protect Mother Earth. :p

JEM

Kayak Jack said:
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productaddonsdetails.asp?id=6060537&source=bizrate

$129.99 and FREE shipping. I was going to buy it at Sams' for $134.95 AND pay and additonal 6% tax. This is about $13 cheaper.

Dehydrate your own food, vacuum bag it, critters can't smell it, it's water proof. Cap'n Meriwether would've loved this deal. Recipe for vacuum bagged prairie dog folows:

Hmm...you could pack up some back up socks or gloves any have them take up minimum space.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Yep. A day's worth of clothes per bag. Dry a batch of Itallian spaghetti sauce, bag it, rehydrate it in camp. Dry a batch of soup, bag it, rehydrate it in camp. Dry Bambii, bag'er, rehydrate'er in camp.

Etc.

A

Anonymous

We have a vaccum packer and love it. I haven't used it for camping yet. We normally use it for the treks to Costco.

A little story.
My mom sent my daughter, when she was 5 a gift in a vaccum packer box. Before she got the box open, my wife and I made a great big deal to her.

Oh look! Nanny got you a vaccum packer!

My daughter was tickled to death. That's what I love about her. If nanny really did give her the packer for her birthday, she would have been fine with it.