Tofu Scramble. | SouthernPaddler.com

Tofu Scramble.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I haven's posted any recipes that Jack would like on here for quite a while so I thought I could make p for lost time with this Tofu Scramble.

This recipe is so simple, it's curried tofu with some summer squash, shredded carrot, onion and few extra tidbits & viola - a vibrant & flavorful tofu scramble that exudes the essence of summer. For the best results, make the tofu at home, here is the best recipe.

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
1/4 yellow onion, finely diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 zucchini, cut into 1/2 moons
1/2 yellow squash, cut into 1/2 moons
1/2 carrot, grated
3 whole sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 block of extra-firm tofu (about 6 oz.) pressed & drained
2 tsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 1/2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
pinch of sea salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 cup baby arugula

Preparation:

Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté onion in grapeseed oil for about 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic & saute for about 30 seconds.
Add zucchini, squash, carrot & sun-dried tomatoes & saute until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
Crumble tofu into bite-size pieces & add to the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the tofu has lightly browned.
Add the curry powder, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice & a few splashes of water to moisten, if mixture becomes dry. Fold in the arugula. Cover & cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the arugula begins to wilt. Serve with salsa & a side of toast, or spoon over rice!