Training to be a GIT | SouthernPaddler.com

Training to be a GIT

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I see that crkdltr is 31 today. Aye god that's young! How'd we ever get so lucky as to have such a young'n on here??!! (BTW - Happy Birthday!)

He's too young to be a GIT (Geezer In Training), so, he can be in training to be a GIT. He'll work his way up and replace some of us olde geezers. I suspect that other kids are hiding in the bushes, and may step forward to officially start their training period. Some steps along the way include, but are not limited to:
Retelling the same story repeatedly to the same folks, and expecting a surprised expression when you reach the story's climax
Getting lost in Wal-Mart
Wondering why you just got up and went to the kitchen/garage/basement/garage/kitchen
Starting the car, and driving off before your wife gets in
Losing car keys in pockets of jackets hanging in the closet
Wondering if you've already taken your medicine (the pills for memory loss), and
Retelling the same story repeatedly to the same folks, and expecting a surprised expression when you reach the story's climax

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Well, the guys in white coats turned up but I had to send them away. I couldn't possibly accompany them. I couldn't find my pants. :?
Cheers John.