Tricked out Crossman | SouthernPaddler.com

Tricked out Crossman

islandpiper

Here's my trusty Crossman 1377. With the shoulder stock, which is easy on and off, and the big honkin' scope, 3-9 x 32 . Shoots .177 pellets of all descriptions at variable power levels. Great fun, inexpensive overall and shoots all day for under five bucks.

DSCF0124.jpg

piper

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
Piper, I'm a little late to this post, but I have a couple questions. I bought a 1377 a little while ago and found that it is pretty picky about what style pellet it likes. Does yours have a similar nature? Also have you done anything to "accurize" it?

Thanks in advance
Richard

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Nice, piper. I can attest to the fact that it was a mightly fine camp gun before. It ought'n to be 'bout perfect now. I'm anxious to shoot it.

Joey

islandpiper

Richard, mine shoots any lead that will fit. It may be more accurate with one over another, but i have not really "tested" it. I like to hit near the center of the paper targets, and i'm happy to hit the water bottles that Jdupre' ties up out in the swamp where I can hardly see them and I'm forced to just shoot at a bright spot amongst the trees. It seems to hit acceptably with any pellet.

I"d like to replace the breech assembly with metal and get rid of some of the plastic parts. That may happen when i can get around to it.

I have not done any magic at all, just put the scope on it. What do you suggest?

By the way, my hair is already gray, so I try not to worry about some of the small things, like repeatedly putting .177 pellets into .25" holes at fifty yards. Making pop cans dance is OK with me.

piper

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
I bought mine to sharpen my shooting after I missed a copperhead in my driveway with 3 shots from my 38 :shock: :oops: .
It's been a while since I've done any handgun shooting and I was amazed at how bad I was when I started shooting it. I was shooting some Daisy pellets that were fairly flat and they were all over the place. I switched to trying an RWS sampler I had bought with the gun. When I got to the Super Points it was amazing how the group thghtened up. It shot better with all the RWS pellets, but it seems to like pointed ones do markedly better.

Richard

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Richard, my limited experience was about like yours with Daisy pellets( not good) and RWS pellets(very good). Finding the right pellet does wonders for your gun's accuracy. Did you run a few cleaning patches down the bore. A lot of guns are quite dirty from the factory. My RWS 34 took over a dozen patches to clean up the bore.

Joey

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
islandpiper said:
Jack, if your STATE REPRESENTATIVE walks up your driveway, are you more tempted to reach for the SNAKESHOT or the RATSHOT? Tough call on that one. is there a COMBINATION LOAD? Or is fresh garlic and a crucifix a better answer? :D :D :D
My state representative is a Republican; I'd offer him some single malt. I've found garlic to be the more effective of that combination.

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
I usually have some CCI shot shells handy, but was out. Their the ones with the blue plastic end for the shot and they work wonders. I was using +P loads in a snub nose and holding a flashlight in the other hand. My ears are still ringing !!!

Joey, no I didn't even think of that! I just visualy ckecked to make sure the bore was clear and started firing!!! I'm going to clean it as soon as I get home. The RWS sampler pkg. is pretty nice, there are 100 of 5 differant pellets. I compared there preformance on a Penneys catalog and came up with some neet results.

Thanks for the Ideas. Of course the best thing I can do to increase this guns accuracy is to practice :mrgreen:

Richard

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gun control is hitting at what you shoot at....... :roll:

If that is a problem check out Cabelas they have lazier sights for a lot of the center fire handguns .... about $300,00 each but where the red dot is , is where the bullet will be , could save on a lot of ammo in the long run. :wink:

The Arizona Governor used one on a 380 to drop a Coyote that was after his dog a while back while they were on a walk .... One shot , one kill. :D

Nothing for the pellet arms , that is up to the user.

rhutchinson

Jan 18, 2008
Middle Tn.
Piper are those scope mounts specific for that gun? The one thing I didn't like about this gun was the lack of dovetail. The selling pluses were a moderate price and it was a pump. I found few handguns that weren't co2. I also liked the long barrel.

Richard