TRR Wolf Build | SouthernPaddler.com

TRR Wolf Build

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I went and bought the wood for the Wolf today 3/16 laun 4mm got some good looking wood at the box store,ordered 3 inch 6oz tape and 4 oz cloth from ducksworth.
After the discussion about building a boat backwards this boat will be taped and then finished out in resin on the outside then 4 ounce cloth on the inside two layers.
Tentative specs on the boat are 16 ft 8 inches length , bottom beam 23 inches top beam 27 1/2 inches v bottom with 2 inches rocker to the front 1 1/2 to the back as low a profile as I can build and still have room on my feet a modified bow and stern for longest water line, top hatches and bulkheads similar to the T-V simulator cockpit asymmetrical swede form and a few more tricks that I have up my sleeve.
I am starting a new job so this may be a slow build.
Ron

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
Hot Dog, Ron! Been waiting for this build. Sounds like a mean machine. Long, skinny and low-- should be fast and able to cover a lot of territory.

Joey

john the pom

Jul 30, 2007
Queensland
Ron ya can still keep a low profile on the deck. Just put a coupla holes 1ana 1/2" diameter in the deck poke yer big toes outta the holes and use them as tie down points for yer hatch cover :p

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
JD
Its a hot air :roll: I dont know if Matt would want to put his name on this one with a few things I am going to try.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Chuck
Have the bottom and sides laid out and spiced but that is it for right now
boy that xtra 20 inches makes this boat look long.
Ron

jdupre'

Sep 9, 2007
South Louisiana
How ya comin' with the Wolf. That job :shock: must be tough on ya. Normally, ya could have built 2-3 boats since April ( the last post). Come on Ron, we NEED some pictures! :)

Joey

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Wolf is getting put on the back burner, I am fixing to build a Laker 15 5
for a little race coming up but will get back to her.
Ron