TV 15-29 strip build | SouthernPaddler.com

TV 15-29 strip build

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
I scored some more free cedar ...This time from a remodel job 4 beams 11 and a half foot long that were on the ceiling in a family room not like the old cedar fence pickets I made 2 other boats out of.
And thanks to Matt's detailed plans,especially on the forms I am doing a little different tecknique...

Here I have the forms set up with 20'' spacing and gluing up the 2 bottom panels..

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
With the bottom glued up I started on the sides and ran a couple strips in order to be able to mark the underside of the bottom to trim...

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Continuing on down the sides....On this project I am using the cove and bead for the first time..I like the way the pcs. line up..glue up is faster.

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
The sides are sanded and tacked back on th the forms..

The bottom panels are glued together down the center....then mixed up thickened epoxy and glued the bottom to the sides....

I ended up finishing off the ends like this...

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Those pcs. were easy now begins a challenge..Begining the tumblehome panel..
Clamping in place in order to saw the pcs...

If I did over I would start at this panel and work toward the bottom...

makenmend

Aug 26, 2009
Longview East TX
trying new methods usually has some hidden problems, you'll work your way through, all it takes is time thought and patience.

MM

ps nice looking work.

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
I finally got the last strips on tonight...doing things the hard way could tend to burn a guy out....but I keep coming back for more...being my 4th build I should know by now to start at the sheer....

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
The cloth will lay out till tomorrow some time....I have been making squeegees from a pc. of plastic laminate sandwiched between 2 pcs. of 1/4'' ply.

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
After a couple days of letting the cloth hang I got it glassed this morning..
The mismatch of color or random doesn't make for a very attractive hull but the decks can be better...all the hull was done with 1 of the beams....

The shiny spot down the keel was due to the spreading of the last of the mix instead of throwing it out..
Steve

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
The inside is glassed and progress continues...

Their will be no bulkheads so I use foam block wedged into each end..

The decks are 2 foot long..

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Oh wow this thing is stable with my seat 8'' up no more sitting next to the floor..now I can take my 6 yr. old grandson in this one....

woodman

Oct 31, 2010
Bates city Mo.
Took the 6 yr. old grandson out in it and it paddles fine with him sitting still but that little bugger has ants in his pants wile tied up to a tree fishing way to tipsy for me and the seats were as low as can be....Ausome for one person though...

Time to make a wider yak. :) ...