Two Small tear style canoe trailer's | SouthernPaddler.com

Two Small tear style canoe trailer's

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Well I just gave into it today and went to the box store, and danget came back with this.

IM002171.jpg

I took out them saws and cut a while then even did a little routing and glueing. Dadburn it felt good
and wound up with this
IM002173.jpg

Now I just have to decide what it is going to be. :lol:
Ron

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
I think he is building himself a grid table and gonna start experimenting with making a boat from the wood woven mats technique that Joel posted about a week or so back.

Gotta admit, the wood woven mat thing started me thinking, just thinking, tho, nothing more.......yet. :wink: :lol:

DM
mike

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I got a little screwing and doing done today
Sides framed out

IM002174.jpg

Installed the sides on the floor

IM002175.jpg

back wall and a couple stringers installed

IM002176.jpg

Moving right along
Ron

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Yer eyesight is still good, Mr. Sparker. Looks suspiciously similar to a "canoe teardrop" found on the web. Will you be delivering it or do you want me to come pick it up? (no harm in trying) :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
BEARS BUDDY said:
Yer eyesight is still good, Mr. Sparker. Looks suspiciously similar to a "canoe teardrop" found on the web. Will you be delivering it or do you want me to come pick it up? (no harm in trying) :lol:

Either that or a very small houseboat , Knowing txriverrat , it could be anything. Could it be a dump bed for his truck , so he can get rid of all the wood pieces in his yard. :lol:

It's the right size to slip in the back of his truck as a camper but I did not see any cut outs for the wheel wells of the truck so it has to be something ( like a canoe teardrop ) to fit on one of the small trailers you get threw the mail from harbor freight.

Chuck.

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Got a little more done today roof is on ceiling laid out with 3/4 inch of peak and the hole for the fantastic fan is framed

IM002177.jpg

starting to stiffen up now with every piece I put on

IM002178.jpg

Yep it is going to be a modified tear drop and a flat roof for yaks or canoes.
doing the seams with wood flour and rison then fiberglass saturation coats inside and out , then good coat of paint.
Ron