TX Ark Tenn and Miss | SouthernPaddler.com

TX Ark Tenn and Miss

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
We were going to leave Wed the 23 but we were wore out and I told Sondra we were on Casita time and we would leave when we could without killing ourselves. We finally got out of Waco at noon the next day ,Drove to Texarkana and stayed in the KOA there.
KOA there is easy off and easy back on the interstate and it was easy to find. As usual it was a nice place most KOA are.Had spaghetti frozen in the freezer warmed it up and had a hot meal
We goofed off the next morning and didnt leave till 10:30 headed for a small town 65 miles this side of Nashville ( Buffalo)
The drive was long and no problem as far as traffic and weather, THAT WOULD CHANGE. We had some family business to attend to so we rolled more than I liked that day

We had reservations at the KOA there and pulled in about dark and setup fixed a snack and crashed.
going to break this now

hairymick01

G'day Ron,

Sounds good tome mate. I was wondering what a KOA was till I looked it up. We would call it a caravan park franchise. We have similar set ups here too.

Have a good trip and travel safe mate. Evie and I are loading up again. Heading bush for a couple of weeks. :D

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Sorry for the pause in the report.
Sat
Got up had my coffee watching the ground squirrels and squirrels play ,then broke out the Camp Chef ,eggs sausage and hot biscuits, I love that stove. The weather forecast called for wind rain possible hail and tornados that night. We made sure everything was secure and settled in to watch a movie.
Buffalo is at exit 143 on I 40 ,dont pass it up ,there is a restaurant there that is awesome ,The log Cabin, Great breakfast,some of the best pancakes I have ever had, we ate there several times and if you stop make sure you try the fried chicken ,it is like your grandma fixed . I recommend this place highly.
Normally we dont stay at KOA but this one is centrally located for some business we had to attend to . I would rate this one a 10 ,Tom the owner is one of the nicest most accommodating people I ever meet , The place is great , nice well kept dog run , rest room and showers are great and spotless ,I will stay here every time I am in this part of the country.
That afternoon here came the storm but all we got was some wind and heavy rain.
Ron

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Looked up Hurricane Mills, TN on the weather network.
Looks like some good weather except for some rain now and then but with nice days with cool nights , just what a person would want when camping. :D

Have you gotten a boat wet in the Buffalo River ?

Chuck..........