Very Strong Rope | SouthernPaddler.com

Very Strong Rope

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Jack,
I sure wish this stuff had been around when I was a towboat captain. My towing hawser was three inch nylon and was a bear to handle. This stuff your telling about is amazing. Two inch rope is only 87 lbs. per 100 feet. Adv. strength was I think about 370000 lbs or 185 tons which is wayyy more than needed an it Floats. We used two inch polypropylene rope for barge line. I don't even want to think about how this new stuff cost. Thanks for the info Jack. Interesting.
Bob

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Inexpensive, really. I bought 150' of the 7/64 for abot $35-40. The steel cable that came with the winch was only about 50' long. Way too short to reach outside and drag in the Duck. No room on the reel for any more. I put this on, and can reach across the taxiway into another hangar.

Too thin to use for hanging onto and pulling. But wonderful for lashing stuff into place. Splices easily with a fid.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
If someone was making there own hammocks and wanted a rope to hold more weight then they would ever have in the hammock this would be some good rope to use.
Was thinking it would be good for the ones of us that have 4 wheel drive to use as a safety rope to get out of tight spots or to help others get out of them.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Kayak Jack said:
I'll just let Julie back it up. If she hits anything, I'll just point and holler, "Woman driver!!! Woman driver!!!"

She's a good sport. She'd go along with that.

:idea: Go with that one and let us know how that worked out when you recover. :lol:

beekeeper