Vet's Day on McGirts Creek | SouthernPaddler.com

Vet's Day on McGirts Creek

DocMobius

Aug 25, 2003
Wasola, Missouri
Woke early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. ( thinking of how much this move to Missouri is costing, money and energy) So I thought go fishing (best medicine). Took the pirogue and cane pole down to the creek behind our house. (McGirts Creek a tributary of the Timaquana River) Dug a few worms and off I went.

0730 Expolring a creek I've seen for years but never took time to paddle. It is a nice uninhabited area.

0845 Found a bream bed and was buisier tha a 1 legged man in a but kicking contest, seems these fish were hungry.

0915 Out of bait, but I kept 4 bream for dinner. While paddling back down stream, I realized today was VET's DAY and thought of the friends I made in the ARMY, wondering what they were doing now. I sure miss them and the good times we shared.

1015 Arrived back home and made a B line to get my flag up, feeling patriotic and thinking of our boys away from home and their families. I finally went in back and cleaned the fish, but I found myself tearing up as I came back around front and saw the little boy next door saluting my flag. His dad is in Iraq now.

Well fish are waiting to be cooked and I have shared my morning with you my friends. GOD BLESS YOU ALL and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

DocMobius

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Doc

Had a flag (stars & stripes) out front for quite a while and was getting weather worn so it was replaced with a brand new one yesterday.

Folks know how to find my place it is the house with the flag out front and all the boats in the back. :D
Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Doc that story caused a lump in my throat too...
Those men and women overseas are going through a lot of what we did also... I wish them all God speed and to be safe and healthy to come back home and thank them for a job(s) well done!
I salute all the vetrans ! Without you America would be on the list of dictators and we would only know about freedom from books... if they weren't censored...
God Bless America and God bless you!
swampy