VFW Chow. | SouthernPaddler.com

VFW Chow.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I know some of you do this and the ones who don't , you are missing out on something great.

The local VFW. has the BBQ wagon going on Friday nights and the chow there is some sort of good. Ribs , Pulled Pork , Chicken whole or half , same with the ribs ( A slab or just a few ) along with baked beans and cold slaw for next to nothing.

The wife had the ribs with the sides and I had a lot of the pulled pork for $10.00 and change . Plus I did not have to cook a dang thing tonight. :D We chose the take out and both of them were filled up with good chow.

Our one even has Breakfast on Sunday Mornings... all the good stuff and it is a eat in or take home.

The nice thing is you don't have to be a member ( I am ) to have all of these good eats.... just show up hungry. There are still some good deals out there for the working .... or ... retired old farts if you know where to look. :lol:

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
American Legion Post 175 in Washington, PA....my home Post.

Monday dinner, 7 bucks, full blown dinner, soup, salad, rolls, entree with two sides, dessert and drink.

Wed night is sub night for 4 bucks a half sub which is still a foot long. Philly steak and cheese, Eye-Tal-Yun, turkey club with fry's, chips or whatever...
Also have shrimp and fry's for 5 bucks.

Thursday is old fashioned hamburger night, 2 bucks for a burger or cheesbeurger and fry's are a buck. Also have FF mushrooms and jalapeno poppers.

Friday nights are fish night for 5 bucks a half pound of fish and includes fry's and slaw.

Football games are free lunch....hot sausage, keilbasa and kraut, maybe pizza....

A 5 buck all you can eat breakfast first Sunday of every month.

Draft beer is a buck....all the time!

I stop at Post 184 in Savannah when I'm there....Tuesday night was all you can eat taco's for 5 bucks.

Cheap beer and cheap good chow on the road......join the American Legion and/or VFW. I belong to both, I don't want to miss anything.

In addition, they support a lot of good veterans and youth programs.

Chuckles knows a good deal when he sees one....when it comes to chow anyway! :wink:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
The Boss ( Wife) and I had the Pork Ribs tonight from the VFW.... About a 1/3 of a side of the ribs , each , with the normal trimmings , side dishes I guess you would call them. :D

The whole mess was $4.50 a person and both of us are stuffed , even ole pups , he really likes the meat from the ribs and the bacon in the beans along with some of the beans. :wink:

I have no idea where they get those ribs but they are all meat (lots of it ) and few bones. I have found a easy way to have a good supper without any cooking. Only thing is that you do need a lot of napkins or paper towels to clean the arms from the elbows down to the finger tips. LOL
The thing I get a chuckle out of is that I had some steaks out to do for supper when the boss advised me she wanted the rib dinners. So much for my cooking. :roll:

Chuck.