WadeFish 15 | SouthernPaddler.com

WadeFish 15

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
....I'm fed up with my current project. So I'm starting my WadeFish 15 project (need a boat for Cobia/Shark season). Of the people who have built the WadeFish or the Sabalo, is there any suggested changes. Things that could be better. I have a few minor changes in mind (ie,....flush mounted hatches, using earth magnets as latching devices, each is 1/2" dia. x 1/8" thick, with 6 lb holding strength each, ). I really want to hear suggestions. Thanks

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
...original? I ordered it right after it hit Jem, after you built yours (wadefish plans weren't being offered until about the time you finished yours). Drawings don't denote WadeFish 2, they are dated Rev 00 05-04-06. ....I believe I read somewhere :lol: " ..A little more volume in the bow would be nice. I would also extend the foredack back about 300mm. The seat about an inch lower would also be real good". :lol: Careful Mate, "Big Brother, is always watchin'" :lol:

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
...Thanks Mate. I just got an email from "Matt". He has offered to share my "Brother's" plans for the "Kadaitchi". Just curious about the effectivness of adding the original scubber design or you "Venturi" design.

paddlin4reds

Oct 17, 2006
Lake Ocklawaha, Fl
Mornin';
....OK "..my brother". What was behind your rationale for "....moving the forward deck back 300mm."? That's almost 12". You had seemed pretty pleased with the yak's brace steering. Is this to add volume to the front compartment and a lil' lift to the bow for adverse water conditions? I also assume you meant moving the entire cockpit back 300mm. :shock: Anyway, I think the "..lowering the seat 1"", will be pretty easy to do. I think I'll just stick to Matt's scubber design, I've never used "Venturi Scubbers". Thanks for the input. Now, I'm just waitin' on "Kadaitchi" drawings.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Bro,

The cockpit was way too long for me. I am 6 feet tall and there wasa spare 9 or 10 inches of leg room in the footwell. This area hold a lot of water when a wave breaks over the bow.

To that end, I would have shortened the foot well by almost that much, thereby increasing the length of the foredeck and also significantly increasing the volume of the forward hatch while at the same time, reducing a lot of the volume in the cockpit.

I reckon the cockpit could be moved back around 6 inches, unless you are planning on carrying a lot of weight in the tankwell. (like a 5 gallon bucket full of water) Mine seems to ride a little low in the bow unless I load all the heavy stuff in the back.