WELL..... The Truth Shall Prevail , or something like that | SouthernPaddler.com

WELL..... The Truth Shall Prevail , or something like that

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
WELL......

I had a long heart to heart talk with my Electro Cardiologist today about my defibrillator.

Some of the stuff he told me was good and some wasn't but what would a person expect from a Doctor.

It seams like it is doing to good of a job and needs to relax and stop counting so dam high. It is set to zap me when the heart rate gets to 188 and it is double counting the heart beats , Not a good thing when I see a really beautiful wood boat like all of you make and it starts me to drooling an wanting one more of them.

The up side is it needs to be replaced , the down side is that some restriction in the blood flow would make it do that.

So it will be in for a heart cat later on when he and my Cardiologist can decide to check my plumbing and pipes. Then have the unit replaced after that , Yippee , I get to stay in the hospital for a while and have that marvelous room service. :evil:
As soon as they make there minds up to when this will happen.

Now I don't know if I can trust them , ya know how Doc's will not tell you everything and the thing that has me worried was the answer I got from him about the unit.

It is a Defibrillator and pace maker combined , the pacer jumps in when needed. The other part that has me worried , really worried .... I might have to locate a different web site to be on even though he assured me there is no problem. Think about this .....:?

De-Fib-ur-lator ... That to me is something that will not let a person tell FIBS , it De-Regulators them which is cat amount to stopping them.

In plain language .... I cannot do like everyone on here , I am handcuffed to the truth. If I lie then the stinking thing lights up my lights and zaps me back to the truth.

This is a terrible burden to be placed on anyone at anytime , especially if there are on this web site. :oops: It is inhumane , down right unnatural and does not conform with this web site in any fashion.

"O" the shame of it , The shame I have to bear. I can't be like all of you , My Hero's and Masters in the art of prefabricating boats and tall tails to fill in the blanks.

Sometimes you get the Bear and sometimes the Bear gets you , today he is 100 points ahead of me. :cry:

Chuck.
I have begun to fight this problem.... Or turn that Bear into a RUG.

Bilgerat

May 10, 2006
Texas!
www.bilgerat.net
Well, ya see where all that fibbin' gotcha? It's high time you stopped doing that and and become a stand-up person like the rest of us here. :roll:

Anyhow, see if the Doc can do some sort of Internet interface so we'uns here can push the shock button when we see you fibbin'. That way you won't have to depend on some dumb hardware and software to figure out if'n you're telling the truth or fibbin' - we can do it for you! 8) 8) 8)

Best wishes for a painless and speedy recovery.

Mike

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bilgerat said:
Well, ya see where all that fibbin' gotcha? It's high time you stopped doing that and and become a stand-up person like the rest of us here. :roll:

Mike

He sort of hinted that it ain't what I use to do but what I do today and the gang I hang out with. Now this is from a Doc who paddles a stripper ( Canoe that is ) with his wife and kids.

One of his patients made the canoe for him , No it was not me , I missed doing that , Just call me slow draw Mc Graw. I am always a dollar late and slow on the draw. Guess it comes from association with something :lol: :lol: :lol: what ever that is. :roll:

Chuck :lol: :lol: :lol:
PS. I would take pictures of the procedures but the happy juice they give a person just does not allow doing that , who wants to see 6 bright lights , really bright shinning down. Heck , I always shut my eyes , to many grinning faces and sharp knives reflecting all that light back.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Get a gallon of Dago Red.......50-60 bulbs of garlic, mash garlic, mix with wine and drink down. Call me in the morning..... :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
BOY! Am I glad that I always tell the truth. Cap'n Meriwether will be proud of me! I'll bet I get a gold star on my forehead tonight at the camp fire.

It IS a point to have your wife talk tot he doc. May get a whole lot more story.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Gerry,

The way I understand it is like this......if ya tell a fib, yer computer hits ya with a jolt....kinda like a taser. [Some fellas likely will be hit quite often.] Then the big injun comes in 'n smothers Jack 'n Old Sparkle with a pillow. After that the injun chunks a sink thru the window 'n runs off inta the woods.

That oughta learn the little pardners ta tell the truth 'n obey the scout law....'er ta keep yer mouth shut 'n lift weights so ya kin chunk a sink thru a window.

regards
bearridge

They wuz givin' me ten thousand watts a day, ya know, 'n I'm hot to trot!  The next woman takes me on iz gonna light up like a pinball machine 'n pay off in silver dollars!  Randall McMurphy

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Thanks fer th' medee-cal esplaining. Helps ta have a come loudie gratchiate a the Bodine collige a mede-sun ta de-confuselate teknicle things.

buckisland1950

Aug 15, 2007
Savannah, GA
Best of Luck to you

After bypass surgery at 42 (6 blockages) and 5 Stent placements in the past 4 years I can relate to some of your anxiety. Trust in your doc, you're old enough that he'll tell you what's what..... Got a stress test to go to today but don't anticipate a problem. Only good thoughts your way.... :)

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Re: Best of Luck to you

buckisland1950 said:
Got a stress test to go to today but don't anticipate a problem. Only good thoughts your way.... :)

Good luck on the stress test , as the Doc told me , they don't work on you so Oct 4th it is in the hospital for the Heart Cath. The up side is if they find something wrong or not right then it can be corrected.
The down side is they will not let me drive for a week after that so I guess you could say I will be on house arrest , well stuck at home.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well I took this last week to study for my tests today and I will have all you none believers out there , I passed it with flying colors ... Mostly RED. and I have the wounds to prove it.

What test you ask .... Why the nastinesses one every dreamed up by mankind... The dreaded pre op blood test.

Now everything is a go for the surgery on the 4th (Thursday ) and before you ask , they promised me some good drugs before being wheeled in there so they can explore my heart or go poking around in it.

Just for some fun I think I might take a pen and mark ... Cut Here... so there are no mistakes made. If I am not mistaken this is the 7th one I will have so the way I see it the next one I should be able to do. After all all they do is watch a TV screen with this thing going up to the heart and in it (sort of looks like one very long worm) to see where everything is and what is going on with the procedure. Sometimes in the past they have given me more of the good stuff so I sleep and miss the more interesting parts of what they are doing.

I watch tv now and then so what would be a problem. Theres is in black and white and that might be boring with out a beer or two. Better leave it to them.

"O" they wanted a chest X-Ray... No problem ... I told the gal taking the pictures she would see all the major highways here in Florida when it is done. I-75 down the left side , The expressway across the upper chest area and I-95 going down the right side , along with a few rest stops. The pad on the left side of the heart for the 2 defibs which crapped out then the new (soon to be replaced ) one at the expressway and I-95 on the right side.
If they would of gone lower then they could of see I-10 connecting both of them.

Yep ... Just call me a highway ( Expressway) map of Florida.

She developed the pics and told me ..... You are not joking ... No Chit , why do you think I stay inside during a electrical storm and especially with all the lighting.

I was not thinking and did not know they were going to want the X Rays or I would of taken my camera and gotten a picture for you in case you ever want to visit Florida and are not sure about the roads or which ones to take. :D

I guess my thoughts were just to busy studying for that stinking blood test , never failed one and don't want to start now.

Thursday will be some fun , I get loopy and don't have a Budweiser to blame for it..... BUMMER.:p

This is NO JOKE....
If I can ever give anyone or you some helpful information this is it ....

Life is what you make it and I enjoy all and every minute of it , no matter what it is. learned that Oct 29 , 1993 when I died three times and managed to come back by the grace of God and I'm still here.

Never take life for granted , enjoy ever minute like it is your last because it just might be. Build the boats , enjoy them , help your family and friends , go fishing , paddling or camping ... anything to remove any stress from your normal day to day activities that stress you out , stress is a killer , it almost got me.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Now I am going to have some fun ..... While all of you are sipping you coffee while sitting around in this geezer Cafe' I thought I would give you something to look at that will really relax you.

NO.. I am not going to say who built it but I stole this picture from Matt's web site and the builder is someone all of know and like on this web site.

With some luck he might post the pictures of his boat over here with us or should I say Art Work.

I really enjoy binging a pain in the arse for the folks that build boats like this one and are to modest to post the pictures for our enjoyment. The rest of us post our builds on here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

howcool2.jpg

Just me having some fun and what a boat. It had to stress him out building it but in a pleasant way as he thought about it during the build then it had to relax him as it came together and the final project has to be one dang good stress remover.

Now the question is ... will he post the pictures (other ones of it ) in the Boat Bragging Section and will he actually get it wet or just place it over the fireplace to look at and dream of fishing out of it. Enquiring minds want to know. :D

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
Just for some fun I think I might take a pen and mark ... Cut Here... so there are no mistakes made.
Mister High Sheriff,

Dont do it. Take that pen 'n write "Keep out" on yer forehead. If they git inside.....no tellin' what mite happen.

regards
bearridge
shade tree medikle clinic

Heckler: Mr. Churchill, if I were your wife, I would poison your coffee!
Churchill: Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Well I will be around for a while , passed the tests and only have a couple of small 50% blockages , nothing serious or anything they can do anything about at this time. Or so they tell me.

So I guess it is the defibrillator that is cutting the fool and it gets checked on the 12th , then we will go from there.

The up side is my cholesterol is at 101 which I think is a good thing since everyone was smiling when they told me that. . :roll: The down side is they will not let me do a stinking thing , including driving for a week which strikes me as funny because when I can drive again it will be the day I have to have the unit checked.

I wounder do Doctors talk to each other and see just how well they can mess with you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
oldsparkey said:
The down side is they will not let me do a stinking thing Chuck.

Is your Budweiser drink'n and gritz eat'n arm still work'n? Are ya allowed those two vices? :wink:

Glad things are working out Chuckles........I need ya around so I can keep pok'n ya in the arse with a sharp stick! :roll: :twisted: