What Instructions??? | SouthernPaddler.com

What Instructions???

Kahuna

Aug 27, 2003
DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
That reminds me of a story :lol: When we bought a large put together playground set for our first daughter. Wifes uncle(loves his beer) and wifes cousin(loves his beer) volunteered to put it together for me. I said guys go for it. Well....first thing they did was bought a case of beer. Got to drinking it good. Uncle Bill opened the box. got a coffee can and opend and DUMPED all the assorted packages of nut an bolts into the can all mixed up. Then he decided to read the instructions. :lol: & 7 hours later and two trips to the hardware store for 30 dollars worth of nut and bolts. Our precious little daughter got her new swing set. :lol: Yes ...READ THE INSTRUCTIONS :!: :!: KAHUNA :D

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
Kahuna, that brings back some memories in the Corps.
When an engine needed replacing, the guys in the section came together and all went into the job of taking off and putting back on... We used a wooden box to place items and nuts and bolts that were to go back on ... the scarry part was when we got done with installing the new engine. There'd always be some nuts and bolts left over... Checking andd re-checking brought nothing to our attention. I think someone would toss a couple extra in the box just to get us to re-check... good thought... but would have been hell on the one who had done it if caught! And we were past reading instructions... we thought we could write a new instruction book.
swamp

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
No big deal.

Ain't no big deal Swampy, I've been an aircraft mechanic for over 30 years. I have left over hardware from every job I've done! :roll: