When is a vacation not a vacation | SouthernPaddler.com

When is a vacation not a vacation

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Answer... When your Dr. tells you one week of complete rest. Can't work in the yard. Can't paint the house. Can't this and cain't that. I told him that that was fine because Fri. I was supposed to go to Ark. to pick my Mother up at a friends she has spent the week with. He said'NoNoNo driving. Rest and blood thinners, what an exciting week. I have wound up with about a 6 to 8 inch clot in my leg. At least I'm not having to take pain pills. Hate that. They make me stupid(er). Hey! just thought anout something. He did not say anything about not fishing. :lol:
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Back when I was working for a living ( if you can call it that ) I had some surgery. While at home mending and then back for a Doc visit he told me I could have a few more weeks if I wanted them.
I asked if it would be OK to do some fishing during those weeks he offered. His response was ....YES. Consider it recuperative time to make sure you are doing OK.
I took the choice of three more weeks and not the standard two , was going to ask for 4 but decide not to push it. :D

With a clot like you have I would do nothing but just what he said to do. Look at the bright side..... You are not in the Hospital and putting up with there games. Time will pass and you will get better.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Bob, I have (or, at least had) a blood clot behind my left knee after the replacement surgery. I'm with you on the medication (warfarin & celebrex), or similar. Doc didn't tell me to not exercise or anything like that. In fact, he told me to walk. Now, the treatment for recovering muscles may conflict with treatment for a blood clot - I don't know. Maybe I heard only what I wanted to?

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Ron,
It's going awaybut he wants me to keep taking the Rat Poison for about a year because I have a tendency for fleebitus. Ought to see me pick blackberries without gloves. gives a whole new meaning to the word fountain.
Bob