Wood Butchers | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

Wood Butchers

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
JEM said:
er augh... that's the wrong site, Chuck.

"paddling" not "paddler".

You expected me to type it correctly..... :?: I wanted to put it as Piddler net but that little voice in the back of my head would not let me do it. Or should it of been something with a Jq's in it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way ... Google ..... Piddling net and it will ask you if you are asking about Paddling net. See even Google knows about them. :lol: I guess you could say there web site is all Yo-urn's , not us'ins.

As I have said .. If I don't make three mistakes a day ... I'm still in bed. Off to dig a fox hole since I expect some INCOMING in a few minutes..... Lot's of it and I need to warn the neighbors of an potential incoming disaster.... :p

Chuck.
"O"pp's ... sorry about that .. I haven't received that thing we were talking about but in the process of being completed. "O" Well the glass will cover any pre drilled holes in it. :D

redfisher

Sep 18, 2007
Land O Lakes,Florida
Has the world gotten so bad that even folks that have paddling in common have to hate each other because of the material their boats are made of. :? That's crazy!! I mean I hate lots of people but it's for all the right reasons like the color of their skin,the language they speak,where they are from,the music they like,the god they worship,the food they eat,their accent,the car they drive,the way they smell,ya know all the important things when hatein' people. Hatin on folks 'cause of what they're paddlin' is just silly.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
:) :) :)

Friend Red,

It iz a heap worse'n that. Way I heard it, they tole Truthful Jack 'n the High Sheriff they wuz wood butchers. Then they tole 'em they smelled bad.....sez they oughta dust themselves off before they come inta their fine cafe. :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

You cowboys ought to dust yourselves off before you come in here. Surly Bartender

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I have no Truck (Hate) with anyone till they screw me then it is plain old fashion war and those idiots screwed me and a couple of my friends ....That no one does without this southerner going to war especially when they do it on the world wide web , shame on them.

I found out a long time ago in a far away land .. all of us when wounded bleed .... RED ..and have the same body and parts , just the outside is different shades. The thinking area is what determines the difference if you let it , or they do.

Everyone is entitled to there way of life , I might not like it , as they might not like mine but we can hit a happy medium and live in piece when together , just a matter of respect , nothing more , nothing less. Take that respect and cooperation and reverse it to make myself and my friends to look like fools then it is .... gloves off and we go to fist-a-cuffs either in person on on the web.

My fight with them is strictly mine alone ( a few friends they shafted are in there at there choosing) but the ideas about them on here are mine and mine alone. Anyone else can decide for themselves , we are adults , after all.

Actually I need to thank them because without they messing with us we would not be here .... so some good came out of what they did not know or figure out would happen.

The only hatred I have , it's not against anyone , there thoughts on life or the rest , the thing I can't stand is deceit , lying , playing someone for the fool and most of all ... stupidity.

Everyone is an individual with there own thoughts and as long as they treat me the way I would treat them ... everything is fine ... crap on me and it will be returned 10 fold.
Or in this case a web site where information and thoughts can be shared freely weather it is about a wood boat or some questions about a plastic boat.

I'm sure they have a lot of good folks on there web site and I wish them the best of luck ...... After all several of us were on there till they shafted us and I'm sure they will continue to do the same to others.

Heck.. Some of us even paddle and camp with Attorneys and government employees , active and retired , I ask you .. How much lower can a person go then that. :D We are an equal opportunity camping and paddling website and even believe in helping the handicapped ( the fore mentioned group for paddling and camping ) . :lol:

Chuck.

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
went over there to look around but couldn't find anybody talking about pirogues............guess they just to uppity to have us cajuns chatting with them so i left

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Sparker--Jess listen up a minute. They aren't worth getting all worked up about. Now if I can convince myself of that about what happened at the office office today....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :? :evil:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Main problem with them, from my point of view, was a couple of columnists they have working for them: Farwell and same gal.

While they do seem to possess a fair amount of knowledge about boats and the outdoors, they are very opinionated and vindictive. They are too insecure within themselves to disagree in an agreeable fashion. They can't just say that they don't agree or that they like something else better, they have to make unprovoked, nasty comments about anyone who doesn't agree with them.

That behavior is typical of folks who lack the self confidence to be different or to accept differences.

JEM

I get a kick about some of their ideas.

They will gladly accept a gel-coated boat as being tough as nails. But what they don't realize (or refuse to hear) is that clear LPU paint is tougher than gelcoat and a graphite coated plywood boat will be even tougher than that.

Now some have a good point: They would rather paddle than spend time building. No slight against those folks. Different strokes for different folks.

But the ones that bug me are the ones that act like a plywood canoe or kayak will spontaneously exploded when it taps the first rock it encounters.

I guess they've never seen what happens when kevlar gets exposed and gets wet. Not only will it eventually rot, it will wick the water up.

Jimmy W

May 1, 2006
north georgia, USA
Almost every one posting in that thread seems to be positive toward building boats. It is mainly just one person who shows himself in his profile to be a beginner and who admits that he has never built a wood boat who is very negative.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
What I find interesting in that thread is that the poster who posed the original question hasn't re-visited the thread, or did I miss something there.

The negative bloke who stands out is just a wanker in my opinion and has no clue, one way or the other.

I really don't care what sort of boat a bloke paddles. There is even a - gasp - plastic one in my shed and it is a fine kayak too. just not as pretty, fast or as light s any of the lovely wood & epoxy ones. (in my eyes)

We are pretty limited as to the number of fine kayaks and canoes we have access to here. Many of the major US, Canadian and European brands don't have agents in Australia. Much to my chagrin a couple of years ago.

Now, all that is fixed 8) find a boat I really like, send Matt a email with some links and piccies, part with a few bucks and in a short while, a set of drawings for a boat very similar to what I wanted arrives in my greedy little hands. Southwind evolved just this way. The original boat would have cost me somewhere between 6 and 8 thousand bucks to land at my home. All up, including the very reasonable cost of the custom job, my boat cost me mere hundreds (and not many of them) as opposed to thousands and I think my boat is way prettier than the original. Just how cool is that?

These people can call me a wood butcher all they like. Meantime, I am building my boats EXACTLY the way I want them at a fraction of the cost of the original or store bought variety. This leaves me with more disposable cash to spend on important stuff like fishing gear and beer. oh yeah, and Robin (of course) :oops: AND MORE BOATS. 8) :lol:

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
"Mrs. Schneidermann, this line is normal inteligence, your son Lee is down here. He'll have to go to a special boat-building forum. We'll have to send him to The Southern Paddler" *

*From my upcoming book, "My Life as Forest Gump"

Lee :wink:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Dear Lee,

I raised you better than that ! You stay away from those guys. "Lay down with dogs - get up with fleas.!" Bad boy.

You always were a nasty little boy! But you don't have to associate with that kind. No siree!

Love,
Mom