2 Man Tents | SouthernPaddler.com

2 Man Tents

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Never camped in a MSR Hubba Hubba.

The kids came down for a visit and wanted some camping gear , specifically tents. They left with four of them. A Go Lite Nest both inside and outside parts.
A Badlands Dome and two what I would call 4 person ones. They also took a water purifier , a water filter , some Platypus water bags , dehydrated meals and assorted other camping items. They made a pretty good raid.
What the heck I had the gear and was not using it and they really enjoy camping so put it to use. :D

For car camping and to replace the larger tents they took I got a Morrison Evo 2 by Mountainsmith. The 2 person one which should be just right for one person and some gear.

Jack , you might want to look at this , it is heavier then the MSR but has a lot of good features.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
A side note: cleaning any of our tents is easy. Remove all your gear that you want to keep - sleeping bag, pad, etc. Double check those mesh pockets in the tent, for eye glasses etc. Leave a door unzipped with flaps tied back; tip up other side of tent so open door is down, and jiggle the tent. That dumps out nearly all of the sand, pine needles, and loose pocket change.

If you want it cleaner than that, DO NOT use anything that resembles a whisk broom. That builds up static electricity and all remaining dirt is held magnetically captive. Instead, dip your boat sponge into water, squeeze it out, and use the damp sponge to wipe the tent floor clean.

I realize that all you experienced geezers already know all this. But, once in a while a tender foot wanders in here.