2 Part Epoxy Garage Floor Paint | SouthernPaddler.com

2 Part Epoxy Garage Floor Paint

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
Questions have been asked about, how does it hold up to scrapes. These are my experances and assesments:
I have used it on two boats. My son's pirogue about two and one half years old. Is has 9 mm luan bottom and sides, no epoxy or glass. I added silica glass balls to the paint. I will check again soon, but I don't know of any issues.
My truck boat (about 9 months) is fiberglassed but no silica balls added to the paint. The second time out I did add some battle scares,
100_0079.jpg

The bayou was restricted by road and bridge materials. (what is left of the channel is behind my grandson's left shoulder) I bottomed out and foolishly pushed my way through. The paint was scratched and skuffed but none were into the wood and only one could I see fiberglass. My son and grandson got out of his boat and pulled through with no damages. I have not received any more damages, not even from launches. No oysters or serious sharp rocks where we paddle.
For me:
Much harder and smoother than latex. Seals the edges of plywood better. I used a little over one gallon to do two boats, one outside only, and one inside and out, excluding decks and tumblehomes. One gallon would have been enough but I did not seal one of the cans well enough.
Harder and scratches less than epoxy/grapite coating. Seems to slip through weeds and gunk about as well.
It may not be the best paint or finish, but right now it is better than what I have used. I can't say it will work for others because their usage and waters will be different than mine.

beekeeper