22 bullets | SouthernPaddler.com

22 bullets

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
while on vacation last week in pigeon forge I found some 22 bullets. first ones I found in about a year. the land owner where the cabin we were staying pointed me to golf and gun store in Sevierville. they had got some in day before . I asked was there a limit and they said no. :shock: I got a whole brick. there were the american eagle which is federal. after I bought them noticed they were hollow points which was even better. :D you sure cant find them here at home. I think there is a line waiting as soon as they put some out. :x

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Catfish,
Before all these shortages started I used to buy a case of bricks (10 bricks) for $89.00 a case. A place in Houston put that sale on about 3 times a year. The last I bought at that price I got 2 cases of bricks (10,000 rounds) to go shoot p. dogs in Co. The year before we shot up a case of bricks. Now I wish I had spent a months pay on .22 bullets. If all the ammo plants are churning out .22's as hard as they can it looks like they would catch up with demand after a while.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Ron,
That reminded me. Last week on my way to work I heard an ad. on the radio from a gun, ammo, shooting range store in Spring where Mike lives said they had .22 ammo. Buy all the bricks you want for $49.99 each. Surely I misheard what they said, but that is what I heard. Didn't say what kind, just .22 ammo.
Bob

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Mike,
Right as the ammo shortage started I used ammo seek to find some ammo at a good price. Watched it for a while and it just kept getting silly so I quit watching it. I just punched your button and looked at .22 ammo and come to find out $49.99 for a brick is not out of line. I just might start buying pellets for our Hatsan Vortex .25 and .25 cal Benjamin Marauder . They are very quiet also.
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
Bob
I went to a gun show a couple months ago and saw bricks sell for 90.00 apiece.

Wally world , Academy and Cabelas have pretty well held the price down.
Ron

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I think you are fixing to see a big turnaround on the ammo.
Just like AR were bringing up to 2500.00 a few months ago and you had a hard time finding guns now every gun shop is overloaded and you can buy a pretty good ar for 5 hundred or less.
I think the ammo will be the same ,folk are starting to get stocked up and will not have to buy ammo for a while
Ron

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
Ron,
I went to Academy The other day and 7.62x39 hollow points were .27 @ round in a box of 20. There was a whole case there but no case price break. The guy said I could buy the whole case if I wanted but it would be at the box price. That's getting back down to the pre Panic prices.
Bob

seedtick

Jul 22, 2006
Denham Springs, LA
I picked up some of those American eagles .22 lr when I was in Houston a couple of months ago

About $2.50 a box - box has 40 rounds, not 50

so far about about 20% FTF, makes it even more expensive

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
dang seedtick you beginning to make me feel bad. I thought I was getting a pretty good deal? :?: :( maybe I need to count mind? :shock: :roll: