A Bayou Dorcheat Pirogue | Page 2 | SouthernPaddler.com

A Bayou Dorcheat Pirogue

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
I think I’d prefer a bit of white sand. Not water soluble, non corrosive.
From the For What It’s Worth Department.

I used a "gritty" additive on one boat. It worked well enough, but it wore the paint off my chairs. Maybe I used too much. The bed liner "seems" to also offer some scuff/scratch resistance. Not saying it is better but it does a good job.

A heads up for anyone using the Goop Coat It for the bottom protection. Be prepared to work quickly. It cooks off pretty fast. A helper would be a big help. For me a squeegee and foam brush worked best. The roller not so well.

beekeeper

Mar 4, 2009
We finally got the boat out for a couple trips. My son slimed it good both days.
103_0409.JPG

Two trips may not be conclusive but I am very happy with the design changes. The "whale tail" stern creates less drag than a flat back transom. The added volume in the stern section adds to the capacity. It paddles better than his other boat. He had little trouble keeping up with my longer boat. The extra floor space made it more comfortable, and was easier to organize his fishing gear.
The only complaint was having to adjust to the longer glide. He said there was nothing he would change about the boat. I am pleased.:)