A couple of pics | SouthernPaddler.com

A couple of pics

laflyfisher

Jul 30, 2006
Louisiana
www.warmfly.com
I just thought I would post a couple of pics of the pirogues that my buddy and I built side by side. We just completed our fold down boat seats (not pictured).

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

A

Anonymous

boats

Fine looking boats there.

I think I will go take my pics down before anyone gets a close look at them.

Y'all do good work

laflyfisher

Jul 30, 2006
Louisiana
www.warmfly.com
oldsparkey said:
I have a couple of pirogues , but not as nice as those , and they are some good fishing boats. Which brings me to this .... How about sending me that fly rod and reel. "O" Don't forget the line and flies. :lol:

Chuck.

I'll tell you what I will do... PM me your home address and I will send you some of my hand tied flies GUARANTEED to catch monster blue gill!!!

IMG_0908A.jpg

Hiram

Mar 24, 2006
California
Those are a couple of fine-looking pirogues! Looks like you and your friend used a lot of care in the building and finishing. They lood durn right professional!

Jeff

laflyfisher said:
I just thought I would post a couple of pics of the pirogues that my buddy and I built side by side. We just completed our fold down boat seats (not pictured).

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

I don't know but to me it looks like a good fly to use on them , this way you drag them out of the water , flop the fish on a soda cracker , cover it with another cracker and have a snack. A cracker (fresh) fishwich.

I bet it would be a lot better then those fish ( You know , the headless ones packed in olive oil) you get in that little can from Norway.
I held a cracker up to the picture he posted and it looks like it is just the correct size.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Cracker snacks sounds perfect! I did the same trick with those gator pics you sent me, they fit on a Ritz just right (reduced fat kind of cracker).

Now, LAflyfisher is an honest fella, too handsome to not be. But, he IS a fisherman. So he may be tempted to stretch the truth. Cold be those fish are even as big as a graham cracker, I dunno. If so, they may run only a couple hundred to the pound, ehh?

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Jack

Did you say anything about sardines , I sure did not say sardines..... everyone knows they overlap a soda cracker , it is really hard to get them to fit inside the cracker , they always hang out on the sides or one side , even the small ones do that. :lol:

Chuck

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Maybe we hurt he fella's feelings, hooting and hollering about his minnies (nawthin for minnows). I know he likes to get ragged, cause he's married. So, I don't think we wounded him too bad. Maybe skinned up his nose a tad.

Stand by, there'll be return fire mo damned sukoshe!