A day I will remember | SouthernPaddler.com

A day I will remember

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Today was a good day for me :D I finally got the outcast in the water! The boat far exceeds my expectations. I will have to say I have only paddled a boat a couple of times and was a little worried about the stability but it is solid as can be in the water. Now I know the feeling of paddling a boat that I built and I must say it is a good one. Next is catching a load of fish from it.....................can't wait! Oh and the cart is temporary transportation :lol:

1249cartboat.jpg

1249launch1-med.jpg

1249launch2-med.jpg

1249purdyoutcast-med.jpg

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Folks can get an idea about the fun but never understand it till they paddle a boat they made , the way they wanted it. Now your fun will begin , even more fun then you had when building it.

Next step would be letting it get you a good fish dinner , the boat you made and the fish you caught , satisfaction doubled. One is fun and one tastes darn good. :D

By the way , love your shuttle vehicle , looks like a lot of fun getting to the water. :lol:

Chuck.

a Bald Cypress

May 7, 2007
Northwest Louisiana
out

GREAT looking boat. I meown self just might move the seat foward about three inches. But, thats just me.

You will not only catch a lot of fish out of that boat, you will catch a lot of compliments.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Sheet,

First rate pichur at the top. Love yer boat 'n shuttle ride. A bit longer paddle mite help ya move thru the water eazier.

respectfully
bearridge

The best way to get back on your feet---miss a car payment. unknown

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks for all the kind words! I will move the seat forward and give it a go. I am building a few paddles to try out but they are not quite done yet so I picked up the cheapest one they had at Walmart. I had so much fun this morning I loaded up some fishing gear and got her wet again this afternoon :D I only caught a couple small Bass but had a great time.

Hey Jack, What is Au Sable?

TK1

Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Hi Sheetsrep,

Fantastic looking boat. What design is it - one of Matt's pirogues or soemthing else? May just have to build one myself (one day, the list keeps growing) as it looks like a great fishing platform.

Is the deck stained, or a different type of ply?

Thanks,
Darren

sheetsrep

Dec 7, 2007
Hey Darren. Thank you! It is actually a Uncle Johns Pirogue. I added an extra rib, rails and decks. It is a basic design that you can modify to your liking. So far it has been a blast to fish from and plenty stable for skinny water. The decks and rails are cedar, no stain. I glued some fence pickets together and planed them down to make the decks. There is a build thread on the pirogue forum with pictures. I will also be posting pictures of my second one here in a day or two. I made it with five ribs and a little wider.