a great confession..... | SouthernPaddler.com

a great confession.....

islandpiper

In the Fall, young men and woment from all over Amerilca go off to colleges, leaving home for the first time to be on their own. This is often a voyage of self-discovery and the results may vary widely. When the new students return home for the first time, important revelations are sometimes made.

Picture, for instance, a young man meeting with his parents, "Mom, Dad, I want to tell you this before you hear it from someone else.

I'm GAELIC !!"

:lol: Cheers, Islandpiper (Proud member of Clan Shaw. Scotland forever!)

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Must be nice to have someone who loves you ... finally. Poor lost soul been roaming the face of the Earth, alone and hungry. Good hearted folk took you in. Strengthen them, and celebrate your Gaelicness.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I'm 3/4 German, and the rest is made up of whatever was walking down the road at the time. No Scott that I know of. Wee bit of Limey, maybe, some Chippewa.

None of my ancestors came over on the Mayflower, but a few may have met it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
Dear Mr. McVoss,

Often alone......seldom hungry.

Hey, by the way....have ever posted pics of your yak (s) here on this forum? Can you repost or give directive URLs?/

Cheers, Piper

Piper ......... http://www.neilbank.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2876
OR...........
DISCLAIMER...... This web site and all of the members are not responsable for any damage done to any viewer when looking at these pictures, look at your own risk and good luck.

After that here is a good place to go to see most of us...... http://www.frappr.com/oldgeezerspaddlinclud ....... If you just want to see Jack in his kayak ......... Remember you asked for this............. http://www.frappr.com/?a=myfrappr&id=45863 Then click on photos or just the picture of Jack in the Yak....

Chuck.

islandpiper

Dear Jack..........If you look at those pics and that fellow appears stunningly handsome and debonaire........then perhaps you'd like to come with me to the hospital on Oct 26 and have YOUR eyes repaired, too. Wow, maybe we could get a group discount.

In the one picture you appear to be sitting on a high point above the water, just waiting and watching. I saw a guy do tht once. He'd let his boat go, not paying attention. That wasn't you was it?

Actually, you don't look bad for a guy with as many miles on as you have. As for me, I stay young by walking backward from noon till bedtime every day, I figure it's about like driving around the block backward to set the odometer back. Try that sometime, can't hurt.

Nice looking Kayak. In terms of realistic weight, how much do you pack into it when travel/camping? I have compartments front and back in my Dennis Davis but never camped with it, just carried lunches and a metal detector. I usually scan my paddling partners to see if they have plates in their heads. I prefer the ones that do, they make better lightning arresters.

Cheers, Piper

Bullhead

Mar 27, 2005
Indiana
I am 1/2 German and 1/2 Scottish..... My family would have taken over the WORLD!!!!! if it didn't cost so darn much!

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I pack about 2 to 2 1/2 backpacks worth of gear in my boat. And about another backpack's worth in someone else's. I've never weighed my gear, but suppose it would go 50-70 pounds with food, rain fly, bear rope, etc.

I used to be a backpacker, then went to canoes. WOW! LOOK at all that ROOM!!! Then, I went to kayaks. Shudda done it the other way around.

Didn't lose my boat; was waiting for the other guys to catch up so we could have lunch. I took a short cut.

Metal plates in their heads? Does Bear's Buddy paddle with you too? He says he's a rain maker, but that's just because he attracts lightning. Even fireflies gather round him. (Of course, they have to fight off all the other flies that usually beat them to the smell.)

We tie him to the bow of the boat if we fish at night, the light attracts the fish. Then when they gather, and he's all charged up we push him overboard and it stuns the fish. Game wardens know we're doing something odd, but can't quite figure it out.

Worked well - until he met an eel last summer. short circuited the poor ole feller and we had to take him to the hospital. When they put paddles on his chest, the hospital lights glared up bright - and the whole town did too. Burnt out the waffle griddle in the local motel, but we didn't tell'em it was us.