A hot weather paddling pick me up. | SouthernPaddler.com

A hot weather paddling pick me up.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Something easy to fix ( a little preparation , very little ) before a paddling trip but really good for paddling in the warm weather. Plus it is inexpensive , good , filling and tasty.

Pick up a jar of the green Spanish olives and a jar of "P"Nut butter. At home take the olives and chop them up , By hand or by using a kitchen tool or even a blender. Repack them in there jar but don't chop them to small.

Before a trip take an equal amount of the chopped up olives and mix them with an equal amount of the "P"Nut butter. Put it in a container for the trip.
Now have some Peta Bread or flat bread ( they last forever on a trip) and when you want something good use the mix on the bread for a sandwich. No refrigeration is necessary and the combination of the two will go a long way.

The two offers protein , salt and some oil , then along with the bread some grains and if you have water or my favorite ... Gator Aid with it ..... You get everything you need including the electrolytes and liquid to refresh you. :D

I have had paddlers turn there nose up at the suggestion of them ..... Till they tried one and then come back for seconds. :lol:

A rainy , no cook , night in the tent ... they make a decent supper , quick , easy , satisfying and filling. Plus no aroma to draw in the critters.

Chuck.
A person could add some chopped up celery or onions or anything else they like that does not need to be refrigerated. I like the regular mix , it is what do you like.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Where's the Tofu Chuckles? How about a gritz Vienny Sausage Casarole recipe? :roll: Bear will add the Zatarains,,,,,,

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
They use to have the chopped olives in the stores around here and for some reason they are not there anymore and ... NO ... I did not buy all of them. :lol:

One sandwich I like is easy to fix.

Put some "P"nut butter on a slab of bread , now add some banana medallion's (about 1/4 inch thick ) , add souther mayo ( Kraft Miracle Whip ) to it and top with some lettuce leaves , cover with another slab of bread and enjoy. :D

Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Kayak Jack said:
That would be a good goop to put into one of those refillable plastic tubes. Chopped green onions would add flavor.Maybe an anchovy or two?
With about 40 to 50 or so cloves of garlic! Shake or two of ground dried habanero would kick it up! Maybe an extra dry gin to chase it down with...... :wink: