A Look at Relationships | SouthernPaddler.com

A Look at Relationships

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
My partner and I have the secret to making a relationship last.

*Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, have a little wine, some good food and companionship. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.

*We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in New York and mine is in Boston.

* I take my partner everywhere, but she keeps finding her way back.

* I asked my partner where she wanted to go for our anniversary. "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" she said. So I suggested the kitchen.

* We always hold hands. If I let go, she shops.

* She has an electric blender, electric toaster, and electric bread maker. Then she said, "There are too many gadgets, and no place to sit down!" So I bought her an electric chair.

*My partner told me the car wasn't running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was, she told me, "In the lake."

* My partner is on a new diet. Coconuts and bananas. She hasn't lost weight, but BOY, can she climb a tree now!

*She got a mud pack and looked great for two days. Then the mud fell off.

*She ran after the garbage truck, yelling, "Am I too late for the garbage?" The driver said, "No, jump in!"

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Yakus Romanticus' wife is a dear, sweet lady. I know, because last spring she sent some unsolicited gifts to my Granddaughter, Katie, when Jimmie and I headed down to Outhouse Key. But I'd be willing to bet that she isn't so sweet that if she read it - Jimmie would still be walking.

So, that makes it humor. On three now, everybody laugh. One, two, .....