a rainy saturday | SouthernPaddler.com

a rainy saturday

islandpiper

OK, I've finally been persuaded to write this one down.......I think it may have actually happed to one of the readers of this board....you know who you are.

There was a guy who fished EVERY SATURDAY morning, without fail......regular routine. Well, on the saturday in question he got up at four AM just like always. Hooked up the boat, loaded the rods and tackle, put the dog in the truck, drove down the drive, out to the main road, just like always. Then it began to rain, REALLY HARD.....so he turned on the radio and heard that it would be raining all day, no letup, according to the weather guy.

So, he turned it all around........went home, unloaded the rods and tackle, unhooked the boat, put the truck away, dried off the dog, took off his wet clothes in the laundry room and went back up to his bedroom.

Quietly.......he got back into bed and snuggled up against his wife's backside and said, "Man, it's raining out, horrible day."

Her sleepy response was, "ya, and can you believe my stupid husband is out there fishing in it !!"