A Sparkititus , Scrumptious , Super Salad Supper. | SouthernPaddler.com

A Sparkititus , Scrumptious , Super Salad Supper.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
For a light , cooling , supper when out camping you might want to try the ....... SPARKTITUS....Scrumptious , Super Salad Supper.

Take some Cole slaw mix (In the bag from the produce section at the grocery store.) Place some on a paper plate (no reason to wash any dishes) then grate a carrot, or part of it, and add some raisins then sprinkle some (low fat) thousand island dressing over everything. Now make a depression in the carrot & raisin area and add a drained can of tuna. Sprinkle some lime juice over the tuna and enjoy.

If you want some graded cheese or/and a cut up hard boiled egg with some sliced ham, it would just make it better but is not really necessary.

This would be a good summer time supper when camping out in the heat that we have down here in the South. Fresh fish, cooked, could replace the tuna. :D

Now ,I just have to remember where I learned that thing about making the carrot & raisin salad by using the low fat thousand island dressing ... where was I, who showed me that .. :roll: ... must have not been very important since I don't remember :? but I do know I was in a swamp, yep .... it was really swampy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

For you folks that don't know ... Swampy coined a new word and it is .....SPARKTITUS. You will not find it in Mr. Websters book ... or anywhere else ... Thank God. Here is his definition of it.........

1) When one gets a brain thought to become a millionaire with one's own idea (s) and yet tells the world of his thoughts before it's pattend.
2) Heavily into computer posting, boat building, cooking, camping, paddling, outdoor gear inventions/building of, modification of any outdoor tool/ boat/ gear/ recipe.

Chuck.

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
We're going to have to ad to that definition with :
3) Also clever with sematics..... :wink:

Where was I when I had that "spark" of an idea with carrots and raisins?
St Mary help me!

swampy :lol:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Nope - Sparky is "anti-semantic" - He doesn't realize what the word means, but it sounds good. So, he uses it anyway.

I make a camp salad a bit simpler. I carry a head of cabbage, cut in half to pack flatter; carrots; onions; concentrated lemon juice; extra virgin olive oil; and a small block of Romano cheese. For somethnig that's green, fresh, and crunchy I slice off a thin slice of cabbage for each guy & shred it up, dice in carrot & some onion. Sprinkle on oil & lemon & grate on a bit of cheese.

"MMMM MMMmmmm JARVIS good eatin!"

( Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ... my cabbage is already cut and packaged..... Chuck.)