Adventure foods - | SouthernPaddler.com

Adventure foods -

JEM

I finally made the omlette adventure foods sent me. Quite tastey. I wasn't expecting it to be that good. Great price too.

I ended up with some excess water when cooking it though. It poured right off with no trouble. I thought I followed direction right. Anyone esle have this experience? Maybe I measured wrong. But it's nice to know you can't screw up cooking it! :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Matt

I have not had any problems but I have been using the BackPacker and it is fool proof. Just add about an inch of water in the pot, put in the cooking grid, then the bag with the chow, close the bag and cook (steam) it for 20 min.

If you were using the backpacker and mixed the amount of water in the pack that is required for the open pot cooking then there would be excess water since the backpacker requires less water to be mixed with the food. No water loss with it since the moisture stays in the bag and is not cooked off.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
One, I took some "scrambled" eggs made of Miz Jeans powdered eggs, to work for a carry-in breakfast. I added some pre-cooked bacon a nd a bit of diced onion, all ala-camp style. Picked up several compliments and requests for recipe.

They wouldn't believe me when I said, "Powdered eggs and pre-fried bacon." So, I went back to my desk and genned up a complicated thing for them. They believed it. Suckers.