Afterburners | SouthernPaddler.com

Afterburners

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
AOL had this on there front page for tailgate snacks , they sound good.

Afterburners
From Southern Living

View Southern Living Menu

Serve with a spicy queso dip.

12 unpeeled medium-size fresh shrimp
12 jalapeno peppers
6 bacon slices, halved lengthwise

Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired.
Cut a slit in each jalapeno pepper; remove seeds and membranes. Carefully place one shrimp in cavity of each pepper.

Wrap each pepper with 1 bacon piece, and secure with a wooden pick. Place in a jellyroll pan.

Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until bacon is cooked. Serve warm.

Yield: Makes 6 appetizer servings

Southern Living, JULY 2003

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Got it, thanks. I had this pudgy little guy pictured in my mind's eye, name "Jelly Roll".

These things sound good, In New Yawk, on Lawn Guyland, they probably make them with Vienna sausages, & hold out their little pinkies as they nibble.

A

Anonymous

Friend Kayak Jack,

Jelly Roll Morton.

Blues singers been tellin' bout their "jelly roll" fer a mitey long time. Its Southern Livin', but not the kind in that magazine.

Mississippi John Hurt sang a heap a songs bout him bein' the candy man.....with a loooooong stick a candy. :mrgreen:

regards,

blind bearridge jefferson
bodine school fer southern culture

You can't get good Chinese takeout in China and Cuban cigars are rationed in Cuba. That's all you need to know about communism.
P.J. O'Rourke

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Gotta tell ya Chuck, Dem afterburners is goooood!
Just be careful on how many ya put away........strange burning sensations in strange places........ :roll:

Bear, I didn't run across Jelly Roll Morton, but I did meet Bleeding Gums Murphy on River Street in Savannah, GA. He was play'n some sweet sounds on that Sax! I dropped a couple a bucks into his Sax case setting on the street and called my daughter on the cell phone, he played some sweet sounds for her, she is expecting our 1st grandchild, so I thought it would help her and the young'n relax.:D