Amazing new recipe | SouthernPaddler.com

Amazing new recipe

islandpiper

After much study and science I have come up with the following recipe that I'll share with just a few of my closest friends, that is, you guys.

I have discovered that the juice of one lime, a heaping Tbls of sugar, two jiggers of rum and a big handfull of ice cubes popped into the blender and buzzed into submission gives a really refreshing drink.

I think I'll call it a DAAK-ER-EE. Still working out the bugs on this one.......I may have to make a couple more to get it just right.

Piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
islandpiper said:
Still working out the bugs on this one.......I may have to make a couple more to get it just right.
Some bugs kin ruin a drink like that....but most of 'em dont drink much. Bug protien aint bad.

Brown sugar? :mrgreen:

regards
bearridge

Heckler: Mr. Churchill, you're drunk!
Churchill: Yes, I am; and you are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober.

islandpiper

The bugs are only a problem if they get into the drink AFTER the blender phase. If they get in before it just makes the drink cloudy.

Hmmm.....brown sugar? This calls for a whole new round of testing and documentation. If I use brown sugar, then should I use LIGHT rum? So many decisions.....so few glasses.

Jack, I'm careful to only use Single Malt Rum. Glen Morgan I think it is.

Piper

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Light brown sugar and dark rum?
Dark brown sugar and light rum?
Light brown sugar and light rum?
Dark rum and dark brown sugar?

This testing could take some time. :roll:

islandpiper

Looks like I might have some time this weekend. I can silt in the kitchen, look out at the rain coming down...squeeze another lime......ad infinitum...

North wind has begun here at 2:30 PM, and the clear skies are now streaked with long outer bands of the storm.

Bring it on.

Piper

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
You might want to consider the Rum as sugar since it is made from sugar cane. :D

Then you can stay with the original mix ....
I have discovered that the juice of one lime, a heaping Tbls of sugar, two jiggers of rum and a big handfull of ice cubes popped into the blender and buzzed into submission gives a really refreshing drink.

I said I would never tell anyone about this but Truthful Jack was drinking about the same mix down on Outhouse Key. Lemon ( lots of lemon) with water and a shot of rum in it. Since we did not have a lot of sugar he stirred it with his pinkey finger ( the left hand and in a counter clockwise motion exactly 14 times , no more , no less ) to sweeten it. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: cough , choke , gasp , snicker , Then shake it up in a Nalgene bottle (make sure the top is on good and tight):oops: and enjoy.

Everyone knows that in hot weather some lemon in the water gives it a kick and the rum helps the lemon to prevent scurvy , the dreaded disease of all sailors and island (ship wrecked) survivors.

Chuck.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend piper,

Guv. Bonko declared ya'll a disaster last nite. She aint gwine ta git caught with her drawers down agin. :mrgreen:

I like yer recipe 'n mite join up fer that testin'....cept fer the blender part. I dont recall a rum drink that suited me. I dont care fer Capt. Morgan. I recall Bacardi, lite 'n dark, but that wuz back in high school when ya drank whatever the fella with the dough drank. I like ugly lemons. Limes dont do much fer me less they are in a real key lime pie.

I dont care fer sweet drinks, but I sho dont want ta come down with scurvy.

yo ho ho
bearridge

Boss Paul: That ditch is Boss Kean's ditch. And I told him that dirt in....it's your dirt. What's yer dirt doin' in his ditch?
Luke: I don't know, Boss.
Boss Paul: You better get in there and get it out, boy.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
islandpiper said:
Chuck, I like the way you think. If Rum passes for sugar, then I can put it on my Corn Flakes in the morning, right?

Piper

I would use at lease three shots of the dark Rum , it really gives the corn flakes a kick. Or you just can forget about having the Corn Flakes and if necessary replace them with some ice in the glass. Only if you are short on Corn Flakes but have plenty of ice. ...... :lol:

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
oldsparkey said:
... I said I would never tell anyone about this but Truthful Jack was drinking about the same mix down on Outhouse Key. Lemon ( lots of lemon) with water and a shot of rum in it. Since we did not have a lot of sugar he stirred it with his pinkey finger ( the left hand and in a counter clockwise motion exactly 14 times , no more , no less ) to sweeten it. :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: cough , choke , gasp , snicker , Then shake it up in a Nalgene bottle (make sure the top is on good and tight):oops: and enjoy....
I'm using a milk of magnesia bottle now. And if you leave some of the original contents in, it helps clear the stuff that gets spread around here. sigh

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
:shock: :shock:

You add stuff to rum?? :shock:

You must be talking about that Jamaican rot gut. or, even worse - bacardi,

girls drink that stuff. :p

What are US customs like for bringing in bottled spirits? :twisted:

Piper, keep ya head down mate. you got another hoodoochie coming? :D

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick said:
What are US customs like for bringing in bottled spirits? :twisted:

Never had a problem , a certain amount is listed as duty free when coming back from the Islands ( Bahamas) , no problem taking it out of the country , to dang costly in Canada , picked up the good stuff in Kentucky and had it for the trip.

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Some folks I have been with like the Capt Morgan Spiced Rum , to me it tastes to much like cooking vanilla. The rest is ok to dang good , I like the Island Rum with a coke ,the one ladies prefer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing beats the good old Southern Sour mash Bourbon unless it is tall glass of ice cold water on a hot day. :D

Chuck

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
So what kinda rum makes ya'll wanna call out "yo ho ho"? [Besides whatever Don Imus drinks.]

Bundaberg Rum - best rum in the world :D All the visiting US Marines who I have had the pleasure of billeting agree. All have bought as much as they could afford. All got knocked on their arses on it. :p

Aussies have fought two world wars (and several other scraps on it) A tote or rum a day is standard issue in the Royal Australian Navy. Any man who won't fight on Bundy is either a coward or dead. It bends ya brain and makes ya not only say and do silly things but also makes ya 10 foot tall and bullet proof. :oops: Not only that, it is a darn good drink.

Very good scotch and southern sour mash are very good drinks in their own right but different alltogether o Bundy. Bundy is a national icon and IS the most popular spirit drink in OZ.

Mmmm, Bundy :D :D I can feel a drunk coming on. :D

islandpiper

Drinking a new prototype as I type. My wife had the brilliant idea to drop a couple of strawberries into the blender. I think we'll call thiis one the Strawberry Daak-er-ee........what do you think?

Mick, ship me some of that Bundy is a plastic jug labled "RAKA Hardener-Fast". Looking forward to being ten feet tall , I have eaves to clean and a couple of light bulbs to change.

Piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Truthful Jack,

They sell Demerara rum up there on the tundra?

Chuck,

They dont sell Bundaberg rum in the USA. Seems it makes folks wanna play rugby 'n whup a woman....least that iz what the Aussie guviment sez. :?

regards
bearridge

Jake Spoon: A man that will talk to a pig ain't no better than a farmer.
Gus McCrae: I expected you to own a bank or at least a whorehouse by now Jake. It seems life has been a disappointment to both of us.
Jake Spoon: That might be so, but by God, I ain't never said a word to a pig.