Anniversary | SouthernPaddler.com

Anniversary

dawallace45

Well for the last 30 years I've been trying to find some thing to give my wife for our anniversary that comes as a surprise , every time I come up with some thing she guesses it , she reckons that I'm just too predictable

This year I reckon I've got it buggered , I've got her a Samurai Sword [ she will never bloody guess that one ] and I'm giving it to her two and a half months early , wish me luck

David

dawallace45

Mick

Thanks , actually 31 this year ,
Swords arrived , Japanese Katana's made in China , actually very nice , well made , maybe not folded a few thousand times but very nice any way , got them off ebay one for $49 and the other for $60 , also got a Military sabre for $10 , all brand new and all very nice , both Shirley and I have very sore arms from doing some very basic sword Kata's , very good exercise

Like I always say , nothing says love and trust like bladed weaponry

David

dawallace45

Jack

Yep , I always tell my wife that I'm a romantic , but she just reckons that I'm a lunatic

I'm always careful around blades , well at least more careful than my brother , when he was doing his butchery apprenticeship he had a go at juggling his butcher knifes , wasn't pretty , several years later someone bought up his ill fated attempt and he reckoned that he'd worked out what he did wrong and he said , " Here hold my beer and watch this " , well you know how that goes

Well my wife reckons that getting a sword wasn't a surprise but getting a anniversary present two and a half months early was so I'm doing better in the surprise department than I have in the last 30+ years , problem is that she works for the bank and tends to see the credit card statement before things arrive which gives a good basis for guessing

David

fransjoe

Jun 6, 2011
dawallace45 said:
problem is that she works for the bank and tends to see the credit card statement before things arrive which gives a good basis for guessing

David

I got the same problem, wife's psychic. What I usually do is just give her a run around and try to pay cash for her stuff.