Another Photo of My Knife. | SouthernPaddler.com

Another Photo of My Knife.

Here is a picture of the knife that I designed.

I called it the "Bootlegger" of course. It is the second of such design. This one being stamped. It was made by Abe Elias (big canoe guy) of Diving Sparrow Paddle Works and Diving Sparrow Knife Works.

He markets is now as the Carolinian or some such name. I hate this state, so mine has forever been dubbed my Bootlegger knife.

Just thought I'd share.

Abe-madeBootleggerKnife.jpg

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
You guys would scoff and giggle at the knife I always carry for camp work. It cost $.75, has cheap wood handles, a stainless steel blade that dulls on soft butter, and a can opener/bottle opener blade in the matching handle.

The handles go together end-to-end with both blades sliding inside slots in the opposite handle. I've had to replace the cheap, brass nails that hold the blades into the handles.

It floats if dropped in the water, it won't poke a hole in your pack, it slices veggies, peels potatoes, and cleans fish. What else should a camp knife do?

Ozark

Oct 23, 2007
Ozark Mo.
No we wouldn't Jack I used to have one along time ago and would love to have another. Cash to the knife builders who build me one first.
Paul

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Boot, then go back and re-read the $00.75 part. Really a nice design, for a simple-does-many-tasks-fairly-well, does-nothing-exceedingly-well knife.

Each wooden handle about 5" long, blade, w/ fish scaler on back edge, about 4" long, bottle opener w/ can opener on end about 1.25" long. Both blades are offset where they exit each handle. Each handle has a cavity in for the opposing blade to slide into. Overall about 9"-10" long. Handle cross-section is an oval about 0.5" X 0.8".