Another pirogue off the horses | SouthernPaddler.com

Another pirogue off the horses

woodchips

Mar 29, 2010
Montgomery, Alabama
Finshed - March 31, 2010. 15' 4" LOA. - 24" beam at chines - 30" beam at rails. The sides are at 12.5 deg. ( from plumb ) thats 77.5 for those work from the flat - 0.
Poplar frames, seats, and stems. Clear pine brest hooks and gunnals. And yep ... it's 5.2mm luan. Outside of hull is finished with red mahogony ( from the can that is )
All is UV protected with Wood Pro. from West Marine. ( what can I say it was on the sale rack ). And it's bottom is covered and 6" up the sides with 6 oz. cloth.

woodchips

Mar 29, 2010
Montgomery, Alabama
Naw, this one won't even get any sea trials. It was off the horses and to display at 'Jerry's Bait and Tackle', had too many people asking, "when was that guy gona put another one of those boats up for sale." So I guess you would say, "aw CHIP !!!" But it gets me my cost back. and the momma of my back.
And it gives me room to bring my other pirogue bach in the shop, that I just got finished sanding, for a fresh paint job.
"The creation of beauty is more satisfying and joyous than mere possession." John Gardner.
And that's what I keep telling myself.

woodchips

Mar 29, 2010
Montgomery, Alabama
In the Heart of Dixie. Montgomery, Alabama. On the corner of Congressman Charles Dickerson Blv. and Coliseum Blv. Most of the time you just see some empty horses out front.

woodchips

Mar 29, 2010
Montgomery, Alabama
Here is the one we usualy go fishing in. It is 14' 6" X 28" at the chines. My 11( now 12 ) year old son will stand in the front and cast while I paddle. So I put some heavy floor boards in for ballast, as stable platform to cast from, sit on, and keep the seat of your shorts dry. And when you don't like the #2 frame in your back, it makes a nice napping spot. It just got some new paint, interior refreshment, and some bad wood dug out and filled.