Another Year | SouthernPaddler.com

Another Year

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
yep jack where did this year go? did you eat your black eyed peas and greens? had mine today and some fresh sausage and ham to boot and corn bread with the greens. man it sho was good. :) :D jack what's your new years resolution to be here a better boy? :roll: :lol: I aint figured mine out yet :?: :mrgreen:

hope all you geezers on here had a good new years. happy new year everyone

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
No blackeyed peas, nope. Had some fried chicken steamed potatoes & carrots & onions. Then, pumpkin pie.
I resolved to stop procrastinating. And, I'll commence at least by mid April. Or, maybe May. June at the very latest.
'

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Catfish.......
Same thing down here , Black Eye Peas with Rice and Greens , then a Pork tenderloin for the meat that was done in the crock pot with cloves and sage on it.
Missed out on any Cornbread with jelly or honey on it , I was lazy and did not fix any. :roll:

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
I took cornbread to a couple of potluck-type gstherings this year. I make a big batch in hopes of having some left to give away or bring home. I added a bit of cumin to the last batch, and will do that from now on. My corn bread has creamed corn, minced garlic, diced onions, and jalapenos in it too. JARVIS good eatin'!

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
My Mother cooked New Years dinner for the family (14 showed up) and we had a great time. She fixed ham, black eyed peas, cabbage, cornbread and a huge pot of gumbo. Everyone went nuts over the cabbage and ask what she did different. Mom said that she added an apple and cooked it with the cabbage. Asked where she learned about that she said that she read it in the newspaper and just decided to try it. It was wonderful. I hope everyone had as good a day as I had.
Bob

tx river rat

Feb 23, 2007
Waco Tx
I was a little different ,
(dont say it Jack) lol
Cabbage black eyed peas yeast rolls
and a good T bone medium rare.
Ron

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
While I like both cabbage and steak - I seldom ever have them in the same meal. Interesting.

Mom used to make a (Depression) dish she called "7 Minute Cabbage". Since we had cabbage a lot, I'm only partially certain that this was the one with sweet cream mixed with vinegar - and maybe some caraway seeds? It often accompanied roast beef and mashed potatoes. When you live on a farm, you eat well even during the War and food rarioning.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
this was the day I have been waiting for. I am now as smart and wise as Mr. kayak jack . I turned 52 years young today. :wink: :D :lol: :mrgreen: might be as smart as some of the other geezers on here don't know? hope the good lord lets me have another 52. :D

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Catfish, I forgot to tell you. When I turnrd 50, I celebrated both my 50th AND 100th birthdsys. Next year, my 51st and 99th. Etc. This yesr, I celebrated my 77th and 73rd.

I won't tell you how we celebrsted them, cause most of you old guys would be jealous. ;-)