Archery clinic at my house! | SouthernPaddler.com

Archery clinic at my house!

swamprat

Aug 28, 2003
Venus Fl.
members.findmoore.net
Hi Folks, I know this may be a long shot but I also know that there are a few traditional bow shooters on here that just might be interested in this clinic. If you hunt around the interweb for Rod Jenkins archery clinic you will find nothing but high praise for his teaching. But at any rate. It is happening on my property in Venus. I have copied and pasted the "add" from the traditional archery forum. And Chuck. The water level in the creek is 3.8... Almost perfect! At least today!

Chuck, If this is innapropriate. Feel free to delete...

Rod was the 2004 IBO world Champion in the traditional class and one of the stars in Masters of the Barebow 3. Rod will bring his no-nonsense approach to shot execution and control with the traditional longbow and recurve. Topics to be covered in the 2 day clinic are;

1 Introduction of 7 steps to excellence program

2 Individual shot analysis and correction

3 Formaster training

4 Practice drills to reinforce the 7 steps

5 Strengthening the mental game

6 Aiming methods discussion

7 Question and answer session

The date will be Oct. 23-24 2010
Looking to hold this clinic on my property in Venus Fl. Venus is in the middle of no where, which puts it in the middle of everything. Its about an hour and a half from both coasts,depending on where you are coming from.30 miles south of Sebring.
If folks are coming in from afar the closest airport would be Fort Myers. Second closest would be Tampa.
Lots of other things to do in the area as well. Fisheating creek offers great canoeing and camping. Lots of places offering outfitted hog hunting. Lake Okechobbee is less than an hour away if big bass is your thing.
Plenty of room on the property for camping.Big oak hammock. Fire pit available. Can probably even get smaller RV's in there but don't have any way to get power to them. Would have to be generator.

Theres also several motels just up the road in Lake Placid.I can provide their info if needed.

We will be having a wild game feast Saturday night as well. Wild hog, Venison,Gator tail. I'm hearing some rumblings about some famous apple cobbler as well!

The cost is $225 per person and we would need a minimum of 10 people. Max of 12.

Thanks!
Brad