Asparagus... | SouthernPaddler.com

Asparagus...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I know alot of you may steam your asparagus. We did too, except when I put them on the grill. The Mizzus cooks it in a most wonderful way. She lays them on a cookie sheet and rubs them with olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt. She then place them in a 350 degree oven for about ten minutes. After she pulls them out, she sprinkles a little grated Parmesan cheese them. Asparagus is wonderful this way. We had them with salmon and red beans and rice today. JARVIS! Are you listening? :wink:

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
BEARS BUDDY said:
As Grampa Jones says, YUM, YUM! And he weren't even Eye-talion. That recipe is going to the head of the line for supper. :D

Here ya go Hee Haw Ger...

"Hey Grandpa, what's for supper?"

"Buttermilk biscuits smothered in chicken gravy, home-fried potatoes, collard greens and Grandmother's fresh-baked blueberry pie à la mode!"

"Yum, yum!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandpa_Jones

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Sounds good yak. When yua,lls plane comes this way parachute drop me supper. :D :lol:

Is he haws grandpa still living . didn,t he pass?

A

Anonymous

catfish said:
Sounds good yak. When yua,lls plane comes this way parachute drop me supper. :D :lol:

Is he haws grandpa still living . didn,t he pass?

2/29/98 RIP Grampa Jones

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
Thanks cypress . Man it sure don,t seem like it,s been that long. Time sure does fly. I guess that,s why there are so many geezers on here. :lol:

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Well now ain't Mr. Bear a wealth of information. Never knew you could do anything with a green tomatoe except fry it. My Dad is 89 and he will stumble into a tomatoe plant and knock one off, take it in the house and say Hey Babe. Accentally knocked off another one--better fry it up.
Bob

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Wannabe,

Red tomatoes taste good in a heap a dishes, but a green tomato will suprize ya. I like 'em fried, but baked with the olive oil, Zatarains 'n Parmesean-Regeano cheese iz fittin'. Pull a few off the vine 'n put some in yer chicken spaghetti....'er yer red beans 'n rice.

regards
bearridge

There iz other ways of learnin' bout the behind feet of a mule than gittin' kicked by him, sure az I'm named Remus. ‘N jest cuz these here tales iz bout critters like Br'er Rabbit ‘n Br'er Fox, that dont mean it caint happen ta folks! So scuse me fer sayin' so, but them who caint learn frum a tale bout critters, jest aint got they ears tuned fer listenin'. Uncle Remus

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I grew up eating fried green tomatoes. I like'em best with just a slight tinge of orange creeping up a side. Wash, slice, & salt them; sprinkle on corn meal and fry in EVOO. Stack them deeeeeep on a plate, and get out of my way! JARVIS good eatin'!

Fried eggplant or zucchini doesn't hold a candle to fried green tomatoes.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Jack,

My folks went turned inta gardners when the crossed 60. Problem wuz they ended up with a heap a tomatoes, zuccini, onion, eggplant, banana peppers, jalapenos, etc. at a time when they dont cost nuthin' at the grocery. What ta do?

They cooked a big pot of everthin' frum the garden (with some garlic, kosher salt, olive oil 'n spices) ....cooked it down 'n put it in the ice box. When they cooked anything, they'd scoup out a few cups of this stuff. Soup, stew, chili, stir fry, etc.

It aint eazy ta figger out what ta do with a heap a eggplant. :wink:

regards
bearridge

The sun don’t shine on the same dog’s ass everyday. Anonymous