Au Sable trip | SouthernPaddler.com

Au Sable trip

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
I hope ya'll had the kinda weather Saturday the rest of us had....best paddlin' sunshine 'n coolish breeze in a month a Sundays. I also hope we git a trip report frum Truthful Jack's grandbaby.....so we know what the trip wuz really like. :lol:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
bearridge said:
I hope ya'll had the kinda weather Saturday the rest of us had....best paddlin' sunshine 'n coolish breeze in a month a Sundays. I also hope we git a trip report frum Truthful Jack's grandbaby.....so we know what the trip wuz really like. :lol:

Bear ......

Dream on , getting the truth from Jack or his followers ( Boat Science artists from the 1st water) is like expecting the sun to rise in the west and set in the east...... Heck .. you should know that..... "O"OOoooop's...

Ya never camped or been with them on the water , forget about you knowing.
Only one I would put any valiantly in what they say is Dapper AL , he is honest but at times forgets to tell things like all of us do. Sort of like a person who forgets about the river being full of rapids and thinking the river is easy sailing for flatlanders and quiet water paddlers. :roll:

With some folks on here it is what is not said but later understood ( Usually later down the road intermingled in other posts ) when a person gets a good idea about everything that went on in the past. Normally then the truth comes out , like sap from a pine tree , one drop at a time. :lol:

Chuck.

islandpiper

OK, this isn't one of our guys, but, THIS IS WHAT OUR GUYS WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE if they were in this picture, of a fellow looking at the Au Sable.

Dcp_3438.jpg

There.......does that help?

piper

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
oldsparkey said:
bearridge said:
I also hope we git a trip report frum Truthful Jack's grandbaby.....so we know what the trip wuz really like. :lol:

Bear ......

Dream on , getting the truth from Jack or his followers
Mister High Sheriff,

I know what ta expect frum them. I am countin' on Katie. She even took pichurs. :lol: :lol:

regards
bearridge

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle

whitecaps

Jul 10, 2007
ft. myers fl.
AUSABLERIVERmay08018.jpg

Okay I like this idea of getting water

AUSABLERIVERmay08041.jpg

Almost right for cooking smores.

AUSABLERIVERmay08073.jpg

Jack on his third stove of this week. The rest of the outlaws would let him starve to death. He would have if not for Gerrys hand made wood stove. Look two shelter halves for a tent. No it only held one. to much noise from this adobe at curfew.

AUSABLERIVERmay08057.jpg

camera fell out of shirt pocket here. it was recovered. In three foot of water on a ledge that was 8in. wide. rest of water depth would need scuba gear. waterproof pentax. yes i try to live right.

AUSABLERIVERmay08045-2.jpg

my mouth hurts. will finnish this job in the morning.

AUSABLERIVERmay08068-1.jpg

They told me these were some kind of exoctic plant they are trying to eradicate. I was to gather as many as I could find and give them to Jack for proper disposal. Yea right. Come to the steinhatchee and you can help me get rid of scallops.

AUSABLERIVERmay08055.jpg

This white stuff happens about twice a year in buckingham. and only in Jan. burrr.

AUSABLERIVERmay08019-2.jpg

Kayla giving Jim some intricate lessons on fly fishing.

AUSABLERIVERmay08046-1.jpg

Charlie and I both wanted to camp on this little island. If only we could have escaped mad jack and his ruthless crew. Oh what a relief it would have been not to portage miles up a hill every night in the dark to set camp.

AUSABLERIVERmay08075.jpg

Poor kid had to paddle the whole trip while the old man slept. Only got two sheets of white bread and water twice a day. The whole trip. Rough being owened by MAD JACK .

AUSABLERIVERmay08045.jpg

I will finish this tomorow

AUSABLERIVERmay08037-1.jpg

I like this state. The locals gather firewood for you and place it on the side of the river. Man this is nice of them.

AUSABLERIVERmay08014-1.jpg

A lost brother that knows no better. GO SEMINOLES.

AUSABLERIVERmay08044.jpg

Gerry never stops smiling. This guy will make any trip entertaining. Cooks totaly on a self made wood stove. Jack and Kayla would have starved to death if not for his hand made stove he gave to Mad Jack. Just wish we could have slipped Kati some extra food. Watching birds explained to Charlie and Gerry what a woodcock is.

AUSABLERIVERmay08010.jpg

Notice all the sisseys wearing boots. yes my feet got cold, but do not tell the anyone. i have a rep. to keep up.

AUSABLERIVERmay08095.jpg

MOST WANTED. Left to right. Gerry, Dough, Jack, Kayla, Charile, Bud, Toby, Jim. This is a dead or alive warrant. 50. cents for each outlaw. Leader is three foot tall and known to like smoores. Goes by the name of Katie or Kayla. Use extreme caution.

rockspring009.jpg

This is just for Kayak Jack. Some of Fl. muddy river water. toby

Swampy

Aug 25, 2003
Southeastern North Carolina
I can't say that the Sands is the gem but it does look great! Hats off to Katie for having to spend the days with such a motley crew! :lol: Grandpa had to be prod also!

Way back when , the Sands was as clear as any bath tub of fresh water... you have to go way up north to find that now a days... :cry:

Now we need a trip on the Pere Marquette River ( PM) ... :p then ya can say Beautiful ! he he he
swampy