Aunt Minnies Chocolate BBQ Catfish | SouthernPaddler.com

Aunt Minnies Chocolate BBQ Catfish

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
I looked all over for the recipe to do the Aunt Minnies Chocolate BBQ Catfish but still have not found it.

I am guessing it is some catfish fillets done over a medium hot grill, when almost done then smear on the BBQ sauce, cook the cats & sauce till the sauce turns a dark color then plate it up and put a drizzle of chocolate over the fillets.
Then each guest scrapes all of it off so they have the catfish for the main meal and the scrapings for dessert.

The part that has me confused is do you like the sweet chocolate, semisweet or the bitter chocolate?
Do you marinate the catfish in lemon juice with some garlic before cooking it? I would skip this step if do it because I like the flavor of the catfish.

Chuck.

islandpiper

family

Chuck, that settles it, WE ARE INLAWS!! Only family members know about scraping off the chocolate/BBQ for desert. NOW can I borrow a couple gallons of EpoxY? And I just serve the garlic on the side, or it clashes with the chocolate. Up North we used the Bitter chocolate, but here in Louisiana mild-chocolate is the best, and usually already melted when you take it out of the paper!

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Ole Jeff Foxworthy says y'all's a red-neck ifn ya gots a receipe fer catfish lasagna. Didn't say nuttin' bout chocolate catfish thet ah recollect.....