Aussie Sweetwater fishin. | SouthernPaddler.com

Aussie Sweetwater fishin.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Hi guys,

I took a mate fishing today' He bought one of my sea kayaks a couple of weeks ago and wanted to 'blood' it. He had never been sweetwater fishing before and comes from the Torres Straights Islands. These islands lie between the northern tip of Australia and Papua new Guinea and and so, he is used to some serious fishing.

I was keen to give the bass another bashing. :twisted: and to put Matt's lovely pirogue through its paces in some skinny water on solid, hard fighting little fish. The boat performed flawlessly and is rapidly becoming my favourite.

Here are a couple of our bass

Lenthalls25-11-061Small.jpg

This is my mate Kris, playing his first one.
lenthalls25-11-063Small.jpg

This is what we did for lunch up in the backwaters.
lenthalls25-11-066Small.jpg

This is Kris, with his first ever Bass. The grin says it all. :D
lenthalls25-11-068Small.jpg

Tis a tough life, but somebody has to do it.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Those Bass sure look chunky, thick and good, especially in the pan being fried. Fresh fish right out of the water are the best ones to chow down on.

I did not see any onions being sauteed in the empty spot on the skillet or some beans bubbling on the side to go with the Bass.

Are you guy's on a diet or were you just were roughing it without any side dishes? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chuck.

hairymick

Dec 8, 2005
Queensland, Australia
Hi Chuck,
Mate we were roughing it. We both had pretty big nights, the night before and forgot to take food, :oops: I always have the cookin plate in my kit for times like this.

I normally would have breat toasting, some avacado, cheese and tartare sauce as a side dish. Put it all on the toast together.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
hairymick said:
Hi Chuck,
Mate we were roughing it. We both had pretty big nights, the night before and forgot to take food, :oops: I always have the cookin plate in my kit for times like this.

I normally would have breat toasting, some avacado, cheese and tartare sauce as a side dish. Put it all on the toast together.

I just left the dinning room table (callen my Lasy Boy Chair) and supper , now you have me hungry again. :D

Chuck.