Bacon Candy | SouthernPaddler.com

Bacon Candy

islandpiper

Is there a sort of trend here? Mmmmm........BACON!
FNR6AQAFYAJL5T2.MEDIUM.jpg

http://www.instructables.com/id/Pig-Candy/

piper, starting my diet tomorrow

Wannabe

Apr 5, 2007
on the bank of Trinity Bay
Piper,
This would make a good desert after making a meal of Bacon Explosion and a side of chicken fried bacon. You have to be the King of Pork (not inferring in any way that you are a politician). :lol:
Bob

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Wannabe said:
Piper,
This would make a good desert after making a meal of Bacon Explosion and a side of chicken fried bacon. You have to be the King of Pork (not inferring in any way that you are a politician). :lol:
Bob

Piper is going the be crowned the Bacon King of Ponchatoula, Louisiana.
The next get together you will have to start smoking the bacon two days early , 11 strips = 80 minutes cooking time. Yep , two days early.
Might be earlier then that if you think individual Cajuns and Texans might eat more then 11 strips at a sitting or snacking on them during the day. :lol:

I'm going to by some Bacon stock and make a killing. Then check on some of the cholesterol pill stock , might as well cover both angles.

1st I need to get me a smoker , that sure looks and sounds good. :D

Chuck.

OK folks........ made this this weekend......and............It s the best food to ever pass my lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No kidding, this stuff is incredible!!! we cooked in a foil pan on the portable propane BBQ, just as the recipe..20 mins, turn, sugar, 20 mins. The sugar did burn a touch but the bacon was amazing!!!! Kids devoured it so did Mom and I, couldn't get enuff.
This will now be a camping staple for us.
Thanks for the link.

dsc3916medium.jpg

then we waited for it to cook by having fun with chipmunks
dsc3897medium.jpg

Mmmmmmmm the final product was very sticky and yummy
dsc3936medium.jpg