BANANA PEPPERS STUFFED WITH KRAUT. | SouthernPaddler.com

BANANA PEPPERS STUFFED WITH KRAUT.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Wide mouth 1 Qt. Jars w/ lids and rings.
Banana Peppers
Kraut
Heinz Cider Vinegar
Water
Pickling Spice
Garlic Cloves
Water
Salt and Sugar

Sterelize 1 Qt. Jars and keep them standing upright in hot water.
In a pot, bring a mixture of 50% water, 50% vinegar with your pickling spice, salt to your liking and sugar to a low boil.
Have your banana peppers washed, tops cut off and cored, stuff them with drained kraut.
As you pull out each jar, pour out hot water, put in a couple garlic cloves and push in the kraut stuffed peppers. Fill the jar with your hot vinegar mix and tighten jar with lid and ring. You'll know there sealed when the lid pulls into jar. (Lid button popped in)
This is mothers recipe and you know they never give you amounts for anything but it really don't seem to matter 'cause there great no matter how much you use!
I just had one so I thought I'd pass along the recipe. The hotter :oops: the banana pepper. the more I like it. They keep a long long time in sealed jars but mine never make it that long.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Can you say "kimchee"? OldYaker, your recipe sounds good enough to make my mouth water. The Koreans make something very similar to it called kimchee. Variations have different amounts of garlic & hot peppers.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Oldyaker

I read your recipe soooo off to the grocery store trying to find some whole fresh Banana Peppers and they did not have any. The rest of the time they have a big (over flowing) bin of them, just my luck. :roll:

As soon as I can locate some I have to try this.
Chuck.

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
I only Wish........

I only wish I could put 3 D. objects on my scanner and e-mail them to you, Old Sparky and Jack. Jack would get a jar of these babys and I'd e-mail Chuck a whole bag of banana peppers I have that I picked this week cleaning out my garden now that the season is over. Alas, I can't. :cry:
Remember if you do make them, let 'em sit about a week before you eat them, taste better. I put a couple in a zip lock bag and take them in the boat while fishing. :wink: