Be a Better Dove Hunter | SouthernPaddler.com

Be a Better Dove Hunter

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Nice points, Ed. You have obviously thought this out a lot. Good going.

One day, in 1964, I was hunting pheasants in Cheju Do Korea. I had my old Iver Johnson 20 ga single, the one I grew up with. It still kicks like a bay steer. I'd gotten my 16 birds, like others, and the hunt was done. A fellow handed me his Sauer (I likely misspelled the name?) 20 side by side. His gun happened to fit me like a glove, I didn't have to hunker around into it, like my gun. What a surprise! I'd pop it to my shoulder as a bird flitted by, and it was automatically lined up on whatever I was looking at. WOW!

So, were I to buy a gun today, the first thing I'd do is trot us right over to a stock smith and get it fitted. Then, I'd start learning your points as per your article.

BTW, I see you like long barreled buns. Come on up, and I'll let you shoot my LeFevre 12 ga single, 32" FULL (as in really full) choke. raised rib, 9 1/2 pounds. It guts birds at 25 yards.

catfish

Feb 7, 2007
jesup, ga.
ed i will definatly try this because i,m not a good dove shooter. :( i love your web page & you have good taste on your songs too. :D the most part i like thought is what order you have sparky,s forum on your web. :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:

wilded

Aug 28, 2003
Round Rock, Texas
Thanks for the nice words about the blog. Some of the songs go back to my long haired cowboy years in West Texas in the 70s. A few are were picked by my grand daughter and the rest are local Texas guys I listen to most of the time these days. If any of you guys have a good river trip write me an article and send some pictures and I will post you as a guest writer. I am sure my readers would love it. ET :mrgreen: