Be forewarned and be aware ...... | SouthernPaddler.com

Be forewarned and be aware ......

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Got this in a email........ Very interesting.........

Chuck
********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I had a doctors appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found something very interesting I would like to pass along. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed?
2. Did I feel threatened?
3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

I am a Vietnam vet and 15 year cc permit holder. Looks like they are going after us vets. Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners as potential terrorists. If you are a veteran, you've been warned. If you know veterans, please pass this on to them.

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Between keyboard and chair
Right after the end of WWII, Richard Feynman lost his draft deferment, and had to report to his local draft board. Part of the physical was a psychiatric exam. In his words, ''There are three desks, with a psychiatrist behind each one, and the 'culprit' sits across from the psychiatrist in his BVDs and answers various questions. . . . Then at some point near the end (a psychiatrist) says, 'How much do you value life?' '' Mr. Feynman answers: ''Sixty-four.'' The psychiatrist asks why sixty-four. Feynman replies, "How can you put a value on life? Besides, if I said seventy-three you'd be asking the same question."

During the same exam, one of the doctors ask, "Do you think the people in the hall are talking about you?" Feynman thought, well, when I was out in the hall, we were talking about the guy in the room. So he answered yes.

The psychiatrists reported that Feynman was mentally deficient, and possibly paranoid schizophrenic.

The irony?
Feynman lost his deferment because the Manhattan Project was winding down. He had graduated from MIT at 21 after taking every physics course the university offered, and completed his PhD in Physics at Princeton in 3 years. As a professor at CalTech, the 'mentally deficient' Feynman developed a way of unifying and explaining the fundamentals of physics, for which he won the Nobel Prize in 1965.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
graybeard said:
<SNIP> As a professor at CalTech, the 'mentally deficient' Feynman developed a way of unifying and explaining the fundamentals of physics, for which he won the Nobel Prize in 1965.
Seems to me I recently read about another mentally deficient guy getting a Nobel prize.

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
Kayak Jack said:
graybeard said:
<SNIP> As a professor at CalTech, the 'mentally deficient' Feynman developed a way of unifying and explaining the fundamentals of physics, for which he won the Nobel Prize in 1965.
Seems to me I recently read about another mentally deficient guy getting a Nobel prize.

Good to hear that, usually we only win Darwin Awards :oops:

Was this someone other than John Nash, as told in "A Beautiful Mind"? He actually WAS schizophrenic.

islandpiper

GREYBEARD, old buddy.........for the first time in history, the Darwin Award will be given to just about 52% of the entire UNITED STATES, for shooting themselves in the foot all on the same day, late in 2008.

Till now, it has gone to individuals only.
piper

graybeard

Dec 24, 2009
islandpiper said:
GREYBEARD, old buddy.........for the first time in history, the Darwin Award will be given to just about 52% of the entire UNITED STATES, for shooting themselves in the foot all on the same day, late in 2008.

Till now, it has gone to individuals only.
piper

Sadly, the Darwin Award is only given to those who remove themselves from the gene pool. As emasculating as electing a left wing Democrat may be, it is more likely his big government policies will encourage his followers to reproduce. 47% of American households do not pay federal income tax, and they've discovered they can vote themselves a free lunch at the expense of the rest of us.