Bell Peppers with Cheesy Rice... | SouthernPaddler.com

Bell Peppers with Cheesy Rice...

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
Been out work'n the yard, Mizzus Yak cooking up one of her Blue Plate Specials she is so good at with the bell peppers from the garden. She has been making this 20+ years and it is mmmmm --- mmmmm good :p
She doesn't know I'm post'n her secret recipe....
*4 large green or red bell peppers
*1cup rice, white, brown or wild, cook to package directions
*3/4 cup chopped onion
*1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
*2 tbls butter or margerine
*1 to 1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
*1/2 cup cottage cheese
*1/4 tsp thyme
*1/4 cup chopped parsley
*black pepper to your liking
Wash peppers, cut off tops and remove seeds, steam in boiling water until barely tender.
Saut'e onion and mushrooms in butter. Mix together, cooled rice, onion, mushrooms cheese and seasonings. Lightly stuff peppers. Place in lightly oiled baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Today she had about a 1/4 bushel of red bell peppers, so we'll be eat'n these for a week. They're great eat'n and they ain't bad for ya either.

She don't read the Geezer forum so she don't know I gave away one of her secret recipes. If she finds out, I'll tell her I gave it to Swampy and he can't keep a secret worth a damn!
:lol:

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Truthful Jack,

Dont eat the yellow perma frost.

regards,
bearridge
bodine school fer dental assistants

A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it. Oscar Wilde

oldyaker

Aug 26, 2003
bearridge said:
Truthful Jack,

regards,
bearridge
Jack, That's a great safety tip by Bear! Swampy may have dumped some coffee there if it's yellow! :roll:

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldyaker said:
bearridge said:
Truthful Jack,

regards,
bearridge
Jack, That's a great safety tip by Bear! Swampy may have dumped some coffee there if it's yellow! :roll:

If he didn't empty the coffee pot and it is just recycled coffee then it woud be OK. :p It is easy to tell which is which ... the nasty stuff from the coffee pot has coffee grounds in it. :wink:

Chuck.