02250002Small.jpg

02250003Small.jpg

02250004Small.jpg

02260001Small.jpg

02260002Small.jpg

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
Looking good buster, I like the decks and the fact your keeping her light. However, I see you plan on not glassing the hull inside and out just the seams. It's your call of course but the strength of a glassed boat goes up exponentially. I am amazed at how stong the a glassed section of ply is compared to a taped section of ply. It was not nearly as difficult to do as I had imagined in my head and all the advise I gleaned here from all those that passed before me helped an awful lot of course.

Good luck with the build and keep the pics coming.

P.S. I love your boat stands, I know a guy can get a might thirsty while saaaaaaaaaanding! :lol:

Chad

clarenancy

Apr 23, 2008
Lower Alabama
Looks good BellyBuster.

I've got some fine scrap wood around here I plan to recycle.

I'm not sure I've seeing what you're doing in the first set of pix, with the jig.

Are those the two sides with a spacer so your knitting both of them at once?

Very clever, if so.

Clare

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Belly, the boat is nice, but your girls are a lot better. get them involved; fish with them; picnic with them; camp overnight with them; bird watch with them; and they will remember it the rest of their lives. I guarantee.

bearridge

Mar 9, 2005
way down yonder
Friend Belly,

I agree with Truthful Jack. Little gals grow fast.....city gals even faster. If they dont have early outdoor memories, they wont be there ta bring 'em back when they grow past life at the mall. Judgin' frum that pichur, I reckon ya know that. :lol:

regards
bearridge

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men. Captain, Road Prison 36

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
The window of opportunity to expose kids to Mother Nature, and Mother nature to the kids, lasts a few years. It's easy when they're toddlers, pretty easy as they enter school, and impossible if you wait until 12-13.

Kid raised without contact with Nature are different than those WITH that contact.

cctyer

Apr 20, 2007
Short Shorts, Arkansas
The boat came out great Belly. The kids are going to have some fun times in that boat for sure.
The inside looks great unpainted with the blue outer hull in contrast. Maybe paddle her for awhile and see how you like the wood look before painting? Just a suggestion cuz I like the wood look. I did'nt even want to do the black graphite on the bottom of mine but knew it will help protect it.

Chad