Birthday gifts | SouthernPaddler.com

Birthday gifts

islandpiper

I had a birthday this week and my daughter came home from college today with gifts under her arm. She brought me a nice new folding water container (i think it fits my First Needs purifier) and a self-inflating pillow. Both very cool gifts. I'm a lucky guy! piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Piper San, I'll bring you the kind of water container I use. It looks a lot like the Mylar bags in which you get wine from a box. Pry out the spigot (after the bothersome, wine-like substance has been removed), rinse it out, and voila!
When I'm not using one, I store it with a bit of baking soda inside to keep it sweet. Rinse that stuff out prior to a camping trip.

islandpiper

Jack, what is it with you old guys? If you aren't talking about BM's then it's bladders. BTW, i just happen to have a box of FINE WINE in the fridge as i write this. After the week i had at work (another swear word), i may just have to empty it and free up that space. piper

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
islandpiper said:
Jack, what is it with you old guys? If you aren't talking about BM's then it's bladders.
Couldn't help it Piper San. I was thinking of you, and those subjects just somehow popped into my mind. Funny, how that happens. :wink:
Next year, Joey and I are going to send you an enema kit for your birthday. We're just thinking of your good health, ole buddy. :twisted: