Bounce this Along | SouthernPaddler.com

Bounce this Along

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Bounce This Along

The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away. It really works. The yellow jackets just veer around you.

1. All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.

10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh. Hint , Hint , Hint ..Swampy :lol: :lol: :lol: (Beat ya to suggesting it Oldyaker :p )

Chuck.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
Down here in the land of heat & humidity along with more bugs then Noah had on the Ark. I found a way to get them out of the tent ...

Take a Skeeter coil (Pic) put it on that little stand they give you and light it, now place it in a pan and put the pan in your tent, sip up all of the windows and smoke your tent with the Pic.
Later enter the tent, holding your breath and remove the pan with the PIC in it, throw it out and wash the pan several times before cooking anything in it.

If the Bounce will do as they say then just pack everything up with a sheet of it in there after you get home and dry everything out.

What is going thru my mind is the Hennessey (Or any ) Hammock....... Air it out then put a sheet in there with the hammock and rain fly. Now when you go camping and hang the hammock and throw the rain fly over it ..... The two items smell like the sheet of Bounce so you have double coverage against any sketters (# 4 on there list) or bugs for better words, comfortable camping and no skitters buzzing around trying to have you for supper.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
I don't have any BOUNCE dryer sheets, but I do have some el-cheapo store brand ones. They chased away ants (just one sheet) RIGHT NOW.

My thoughts are, take some along in a Ziploc bag; hang them up in tent or hammock; hang a couple near the thunder mug; tape a packet of them to Swampus Detritus and two packs to Bear's Buddy. (Gotcha, Ger)

(If you don't have tape, use gree-itz.)

BEARS BUDDY

Aug 27, 2003
BAY CITY MI
Ouch! MeanyMeanyMeany
I'm gonna tell Sparkey you are a Meany! It would take at least 4 packs. You gotta apply them according to weight.

oldsparkey

Aug 25, 2003
Central , Florida
www.southernpaddler.com
oldsparkey said:
What is going thru my mind is the Hennessey (Or any ) Hammock....... Air it out then put a sheet in there with the hammock and rain fly. Now when you go camping and hang the hammock and throw the rain fly over it ..... The two items smell like the sheet of Bounce so you have double coverage against any sketters (# 4 on there list) or bugs for better words, comfortable camping and no skitters buzzing around trying to have you for supper.

Chuck.

Apr 24 , 06 I was thinking about doing that and never did.

When hanging the hammock between a couple of trees on the last Ocklawaha River trip it had a musty smell to it and I was fusing about it while at the campfire.

I air out the hammock after each trip and set it up to air out before going on a trip. One way to make sure it is in working condition.
Between those times it is kept in the house and out of the humidity and heat.

Anyway while at the campfire and fussing about the musty smell. Joe ( Lazyriverguy) was telling us when a customer brings one of his rental tents back , he airs them out , makes sure they are in good condition ,and dry before repacking them and then putting a sheet of the bounce in the tent.
Then the next time the tent is rented out to one of his customers the customer has a fresh smelling tent to enjoy while on the river.

Chuck.

Kayak Jack

Aug 26, 2003
Okemos / East Lansing Michigan
Sometimes my sleeping bag gets a bit skunky. (I think that the Canadian lynx who sneaks around after me and simulates snoring sounds may be guilty of the odoriforous problem too.)

One product that does work as advertised is Febreze. You can spray this in a room (like where Chuckie or Jimmie do their deep thinking and cogitation), a tent, sleeping bag, anywhere there is odor and it kills it. It doesn't cover it up; it kills it.

dangermouse01

Sep 8, 2006
Palm Bay, FL (East coast)
oldsparkey said:
Bounce This Along

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

In our boat building world, I would strongly recommend NOT using it for this purpose. Or using a tack cloth around boats being built.
Fabric softener sheets will leave behind the same stuff that prevents static cling, on the surface you are wiping down. Next thing you know, you have epoxy delaminating, varnish that peels off, fisheyes in the varnish, etc. Good idea not to even have the dryer vent near where you are building, if you use the fabric softener sheets, airborne particles you know.

I think they either contain silicon or teflon, thinking silicon.

DM
mike

Lee Schneidermann

Dec 6, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Bounce dryer sheets have kept the mice out of my pop-up camper for alot of years now.
If you know anythng about campers in storage, you know that they are a magnet for mice. Especially true here in the North country during our long winters. Bounce really does work when placed in the drawers, mattresses, and cubbies of the camper. Worked well in the old class A when we had it too.

Lee